Prologue

It started with Donghyuck. Because Donghyuck was always starting something, the little bitch.

When Mark went on ahead of them to fully jump-start his adult life by entering college, it was nothing short of devastation on Donghyuck's part. They never made an official statement to their social group, but everyone suspected that the two were romantically involved. The sly heart-eyes Donghyuck sent him across the lunch table, the bashful (read: pathetic) attempts at flirting on Mark's part. They should have just worn a neon billboard flashing WE ARE DISGUSTINGLY IN LOVE every time they were in the same room as one another. 

Anyway, Donghyuck couldn't stand having a long-distant relationship. No matter how much Mark assured him that he would keep in touch every single day and visit for every single holiday, Donghyuck wouldn't have it and broke off their two-year relationship. 

Despite being the one who made the call, Donghyuck often wallowed in his own self-pity.

But nobody could really blame him. Having your wings slowly decompose to their very bone structure couldn't have been a pleasant experience.

A/N - welcome to my '00 liners fic! warning: this fic will describe the process of wings decomposing/deconstructing and growing, which can be pretty painful and mildly gore-y, so if you're not comfortable with that, please don't read any further!