Shelby Sister x Isiah: Caught

It all started when John raised his suspicions to your family.

"I'm telling you, she might be seeing a bastard." He insisted, after telling them about an incident earlier.

"John you're concluding this from a mere rejection of our sister to spend time with ya in the pub?" Tommy raised a brow at how absurd he was sounding. Among all your brothers, you were closest to John.

"I know it this doesn't sound well on my part but my gut is telling me she's hiding something." John argued.

"Yeah, the same gut you often drown at the pub." Polly chimed in the conversation. "And what if the girl is dating? She's of age."

Just then, Finn walked in the shop alone.

"Where's Isiah?" Arthur asked the youngest Shelby.

"Said he wanted go to the pictures alone." Finn shrugged while John's attention was peaked again.

"That's where Y/N said she'd go to!" He exclaimed to them.

"Well if she's ever with a boy, Isiah would gladly report it to us. Does that ease your nerves, brother?" Tommy asked him. John kept quiet in his seat.

Then there was the moment Michael joined in the suspicion.

You were overdressed for a small meeting at Tommy's office but you easily excused it by saying you were to meet with some friends afterwards. But he couldn't help notice that every now and then you were stealing glances somewhere – by his good friend Isiah's direction. Though he also happened to be standing under a wall clock.

He could've easily shrugged this off, if it weren't for Isiah meeting your glances as well. But Isiah had told him a week ago he's been seeing someone exclusively, and he wasn't dumb enough to actually make a move on his own boss' youngest sister.

Then there was Finn.

He and Isiah were tasked the night before to head somewhere out of town, and he was patiently waiting for his friend to finally show up at the office when you came in, all disheveled.

"Are you alright, sister?" He asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I am, Finny. Just strong wind outside. Had to run because I'm running late." You cleared your throat, trying to fix your hair with your hands.

Not long after that, Isiah finally showed up as well, all flushed. "Sorry I'm late, mate. Woke up late." He clapped at Finn's shoulder.

"Mate, your fly's still open." He told him, and turned your way when he heard you choke at the back.

"You okay there, Y/N?"

"Didn't realize this tea was still really hot." You excused yourself and went into your shared office with Michael.

Tommy and Arthur were the last straw.

He was planning to hold another gala and was giving assignments for the arrangement. You were usually paired with John on food and drink tasting – your favorite task together, when you spoke up.

"Tom can you give me a different task this year?" You asked, making everybody turn your way. John in particular looked offended.

"What?" Tommy asked.

"I was thinking something different like handing out invitations." You bit your lip, nervous about their reactions.

"That would be with Isiah, Y/N." Arthur clarified. And your face gave the impression that you didn't know.