Shelby Sister: Flower Crowns

Shelby Sister where she's gone missing after riding with her mare.

You've gone riding with your mare named Alfa. You love horses as much as Tommy does, so it's without question that the two of you are really close. However, something didn't sit right with Polly that morning. Call it a sixth sense or gypsy's intuition, but it was never wrong.

"Is everybody in this house right now?" She asked him. The Shelbys were staying over the Arrow house for the weekend.

"Everybody but Y/N, Pol." Arthur answered.

"Where is she?" She asked.

"Gone riding with Alfa. She'll be back in an hour." Thomas assured her.

It was a great day for a ride. The sun was shining, and you were having a pleasant time riding alone with your horse, feeling the wind against your skin. You were probably a good hour away from home, but it was still safe territory as Thomas once told you.

You passed by a small lane of bushes of flowers, when something spooked your mare, causing it to jump and accidentally throw you off it's back. Thankfully you landed nowhere with anything sharp or with big rocks, but a sudden pain spiked on your left ankle. Upon inspecting, it appears to be fractured.

"Nope, not standing up." You told yourself. Looking around, you realized that you were about three to five feet away from a tree that could provide shade. Crawling your way under it, you breathed heavily when you were finally settled.

Alfa stood next to the tree, probably wondering why you weren't back up and riding her. It's not like this was your first time falling off a horse. But it wasn't long until she saw what spooked her earlier and started to run away. A damn butterfly.

"They'll find me. Tommy's too paranoid." She assured herself. Your horse was still playing around near the area until some time later it finally disappeared, hopefully back home to alert your family.

Back at the Arrow House, Polly was getting even more worried by the second.

What was supposed to be an hour turned into two, and then three. Although he tried to act like he wasn't fazed, Tommy was deep down worried about your whereabouts. It wasn't until gallops were heard outside, that he finally sighed in relief and stood up from his desk to greet you.

Only when he was finally out the door, only Alfa was there to greet him. His heart stopped.

"John, Arthur, Michael, Finn!" He yelled into the house.

All four of the men came scurrying from wherever they were and went to Tommy.

"Alfa's home, but Y/N isn't. We're splitting up to find her." He paired the men together hastily, all worried about you, and hurriedly left the house each with Tommy's own horses to look for you.

You don't know what time is it since your pocket watch was in the satchel strapped on your mare, but it's been long enough that you were able to make four flower crowns from the dried flowers next to you. You weren't worried that they might not find you, but rather if they'd ever let you ride on your own ever again.

Tommy no matter how quiet he was, was clouded with the worst of the worst scenarios. You could've been kidnapped, or shot down by anybody from his many enemies. Shaking these thoughts off, he stopped in his tracks when he finally caught sight of something moving from a mile away.

Let it be my sister, let it be my sister. He hoped in his mind.

And sure enough, it was you, down to your sixth flower crown. Tommy chuckled at the sight of you, no trace of worry on your features. Of course, you weren't. In contrast to your intense family, you were the most laid back.

"Oi! We're not wearing that." He called you out. Your head snapped up at the sound of your brother's voice.

"Yes, you are. It's for taking too fucking long to find me." She laughed.

Tommy called over the rest of your family to tell them that he's found you.

"Can't get up?" John asked with a smile. He's just happy his sister wasn't in grave danger after all.

"No, I fractured my ankle." You sheepishly answered. "Oi don't forget my flower crowns. You're wearing them to dinner tonight." You said as Finn and Michael helped you up from where you were sitting. Everybody groaned.

"You missy, are not be riding on your own from now on." Arthur declared "At least until the year ends." Tommy added.

You were carefully hoisted up to ride behind Tommy, and you hugged your brother from behind.

"It's already November, Tom." You chuckled.

"I know." He answered.