Alfie x Reader: His Hidden Gem 2

Alfie Solomons x Reader – to the rest of the world, well excluding Thomas of course, he was dead. That was until Tommy had an unexpected visitor who claims to be his wife.

——–

"Margate? I bet he hates it there." You commented, riding shotgun next to a driving Mr. Shelby.

He didn't comment, but a ghost of a smile appeared on his face. He had to admit, at first, he didn't quite see how you and Alfie managed to be married for seven years, but after listening to your ramblings while on your drive, he could see it now.

Your demeanor screamed dainty and rich. And yes, you are rich, but also near as crazy as Alfie.

"How long have you known that he's alive?" You asked.

"When he sent me a letter asking me how Cyril was, though I doubt he remembers doing so." He recalled. "And come to think of it now, he did also ask if the talks about his death was all the news people of Camden had about him. I think he was trying to know if people had discovered about your marriage."

"Please enlighten me Mrs. Solomons, on how you both met." Curiosity got the best of him.

You couldn't stop your smile at the memory.

"Well if you must know, I was set to be betrothed to a man whose bare bottom only touched the finest of fabrics..." Thomas snorted at this. "I refused, saying I didn't want to powder a grown baby's bum all my life, got cut off and was left with practically nothing." You both chuckled.

"I ended up in Camden town, and intended to steal some bread in this poorly lit bakery, but ended up in a bargain with this weirdly attractive man, that he'd find me a place to stay if I go out for dinner with him. Three months later we got married. But because we chose to keep it secret, it was always just secret visits in each other's places."

"I rarely give compliments, Y/N. But I admire you for taking matters into your own hands in finding the truth. Even though seven months is a long time."

"We all crave certainty." You simply answered. There was a reason why it took you that long. And they were left in Camden under the care of a good friend who had no clue who their father was.

And If you had to be honest, you were trying to calm your nerves. You thank the universe that your husband is alive, but given how he's gone so long without even trying to reach out, the question whether he'd still want you lingered.

"Should I just have settled with the information that he is alive?" You whispered to yourself.

"You'll never know unless you actually go talk to him." Thomas answered, having heard what you've said. "And you should, because I'm a stubborn gypsy man who rarely does favors, but I did this for the wife of a man who's been a dick to me once or twice. Consider this opportunity lucky."

"Why are you helping me then?"

"Well I'm not as heartless as I may seem. I once had a wife I dearly love before she took a bullet for me." You offered your sympathy, and he continued. "Plus, I'm curious about seeing the Alfie Solomons possibly getting hit from a woman as small as you are." He smirked at the thought, and you smiled in return.

"We never laid a hand on each other, Mr. Shelby. Not unless one asked to." Thomas coughed at what you asked, but was clearly amused. "Though I might just slap him later."

You didn't know at which part of the long drive you fell asleep, but the next thing you know, Thomas Shelby was trying to wake you up.

"Oi lady." He was waving a hand in front of your face for who knows how long. "I believe you have a husband to confront."