Chapter 22

Hellaro *waves*

An update as promised.

Me_haz_dumb cause you are a real cool person and a perfect reader. I love you. ❤️❤️

A shout out to theCgang, Sphinx9709Namaste_World, sukeerthitummuVibhaKumari217, Shivanichiragshruthipujari for being such supportive readers.

Originally, l had not planned to put in Veer's POV. But so many of you wanted it that l couldn't refuse.

Also, l don't know how to play basketball. 🙂

This is unedited first draft. Please excuse the mistakes.
___________________________________________

"Gorgeous," l murmured watching the patch of young sunflowers track the trajectory of the Sun.

(With sunflowers)

(With sunflowers)

"Haina," Roohi smiled contentedly. She was seated in my lap with her head tucked under my chin while l had my legs spread across the grassy floor. Though Veer sat cross-legged beside us, l was dead sure he wasn't watching the flowers.

For the past hour that we had been here, l had caught Veer staring at us a number of times. From the corner of my eyes, l saw him do it again.

"What?" I asked finally. Veer smirked. "Do you know when the weather is cloudy the sunflowers turn to each other?"

My brows furrowed. "Oh. So?"

Veer shrugged. "So, l am looking at my sunflowers."

I blinked. Then laughed heartily. This guy is getting smoother every passing day. 

"But chachu," Roohi murmured with a frown making us look down at her, "You can't call me a sunflower chachu. I am not tall."

"So what Roo?" Veer patted her head gently. "You are as bright as one baby. And you light up our lives."

"Really?" Roohi peered up at Veer from my lap who just brushed back her bangs lovingly. "When have l lied to you, princess?"

I smiled at their interaction. As the morning breeze passed, l raised my head to let it cool my face. The sky was alight with brightness but the rays of the sun hadn't become overbearingly harsh.

In the distance, l heard the sounds of bells ringing. I twisted my head around to see where the sound was coming from. "Is there a temple around here?"