Chapter 5

Hiya *waves*

I am so so sorry for the delay. This chapter is unedited first draft. Hence, may feel a little inconsistent.

For those who might wonder why was there always a queue or crowd on each ride. Just remember that we are a population of 1.35 billion in 3600 sq. Km.
__________________________________________

"Can we go back to the sidewinder again, I don't want to miss on a cool ride since I am staying," I said.

"Let's go," he said, ushering us towards the ride. We stood in the queue which wasn't very long and waited as the people settled into their chairs and the mechanical belts came down. The ride was a wheel with seats which spun with increasing speed connected to a huge iron rod that oscillated the wheel like a pendulum.

We watched people scream their hearts out as the wheel passed us with a whoosh. It looked nauseating to be honest. Eventually the ride slowed to a stop and the people got off. We went in. I put my bag near the gaurding gate for safekeeping like as did a couple of other people. The safety procedure was repeated.

While we waited for the ride to start I looked over at the stranger-whose name I should totally ask for-only to find him already staring at me with a stange look on his face

While we waited for the ride to start I looked over at the stranger-whose name I should totally ask for-only to find him already staring at me with a stange look on his face. I blushed and immediately looked away. He chuckled huskily.

In the beginning, the ride was fun. There was occasional screaming from around me or the mechanical whirring which had me thrilled. The rod swayed the wheel higher making the wind whip around my hair. It got me grinning like a maniac.

However, a funny sort of churning brimmed in my stomach as the wheel started to spin faster. The whirling and the free fall started to make me dizzy.

When we started to move towards the highest point, my grip on the belt tightened. I closed my eyes firmly but they shot open as I felt warmth on my left hand. I peaked from under my lashes to find it engulfed it in his right one.

"Deep breathes, lioness, take in deep breathes. Focus on the wind. And don't worry, I've got you," he assured me. I smiled back at him gratefully and did as he said.

Though the advice made me feel better, it did not magically take out my fear or transform me into a swan elegantly embracing its first flight. Neither did it stop me from screaming like a banshee as we fell. Looking back, I had probably cut off the blood circulation to his hand completely.

But things had certainly become waggish after my nausea subsided. I had definitely enjoyed the exhilaration I got from being haphazardly thrown around. Once the ride stopped everybody got out. I picked up my bag and followed him. He offered to carry around my bag for me but I refused.

"Where to?" He asked when we were standing outside the arena.

"You choose," I replied as I tried to secure my windblown baby hair with my hair band. The stranger stepped forward with raised hands but stopped and motioned with his hands towards my hair as if asking May I? When I nodded he took a few wayward strands of my hair and tucked them behind my ear. It was a pretty platonic gesture but it got my cheeks burning.