Chapter 10

Song: Balam Pichkari because, well, holi is here.

Hellarooo peeps!

So, I know I promised an early update and then went MIA but in my defence I got real sick and then college started. So yeahhhhh

Here is another update. Just as promised. Also, shoutout to Starwa22Starwa22 and Preetybabyflower for constantly being my pillars of support.

___________________________________________

I had been in the conference room with non stop morning meetings. There hasn't been a second to breathe since the word spread for the new project. I stepped off the elevator. Asha was already at her desk. She looked up when she heard me coming. But instead of the usual warm smile that I get from her in greeting, today it was full of mischief.

I  gave her a bemused smile and walked into my office. Stopping short just as the scent of orchids wafted through my office.

On my desk was a humongous bouquet of every kind of Orchids. Red, blue, white.... you name it. Breathing out a laugh I put my bag down on the coffee table and approached the flowers. I gently caressed the petals of a blue orchid. So soft. There were so many colours. The bouquet looked like a kaleidoscope.

It was as odd as it was flattering. It wasn't the first time I had got a bouquet of flowers buf it was definitely the first time I got orchids. I have received almost all kinds of flowers- lilies, long-stemmed roses and lilacs. Rarest and most expensive ones. But never orchids.

As I bent to inhale their amazing scent, something caught my eye. Nestled among the flowers was a coffee coloured note. I plucked it out.

Lioness,
I am sorry for hurting you.
Forgive me?
Veer

P.S. Free for lunch today?

I tried. I really did try to stop the smile that blossomed on my face. But it didn't help because dammit this was so sweet. I read the note at least three times before placing the card back and finally texting him. There was already a text from him.

Veer: How's the apology?

I was smiling when I texted him back.

Naina: Jaao maaf kia (you are forgiven)

He replied immediately.

Veer: Thank you, Lioness.

I bit my lip.

Naina: Thanks for the flowers.
Veer: You are welcome
          Lunch?
Naina: Sure.

Veer: Pick you up in an hour from your office?
Naina: Okay.
Veer: Clear your schedule then. I would like to have you to myself for more than just an hour.
Naina: oki

I texted back and hugged the phone to my chest. Biting my lip, I tried to stop the stupid grin on my face.

"Well well well.... What do we have here?" I jumped at the deep voice drawling from behind me. I gasped, shoving my phone in my pocket. I turned around to find Aaryan standing casually in the middle of my room with one hand in his pocket, smirking at the flowers on my table.