Chapter 2:

School's over and I'm walking back home, absolutely exhausted. How do teachers put up with the idiots school brings in? I'll never know. Getting closer to my house, I see a few cars and motorbikes in the yard. Sighing, I go around the back which leads to the kitchen. I hear Eric talking loudly from the other side of the house.

I go up to my room and throw my things down, starting to change into pajamas. Pulling my fluffy shirt down, I jump hearing banging on my door. I creep over to it, grabbing my bat that I hide behind my closet and hold it behind me, peeping out the door to see a group of middle age guys standing on the other side. 1...2...3, 4.... guys and 5 seconds later, they're pushing past me and into my room, looking and touching MY things.

"D-don't touch that...g-get out" I stutter, more out of anger than my painful shyness. They turn their heads to me and start laughing.

"Aww. Pipsqueak's getting angry" they taunt. I remember my bat and hold it up.

"Get...out" I seethed, my teeth grit together and my jaw hurts, adding to the slight flame I feel.

"Or what? Gonna get hit us with that rusty old bat?" The tallest of the guys said, standing up and walking towards me, the others in tow until they surround me and I can feel my throat close up and my heart stop. Maybe? Idk, but I don't like it. The tall guy, let's call him Giraffe, slams his hands on either side of the door next to my head and smirks down at me. Grabbing me, he throws me on the floor and I blank...back.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look! I made first place!" A little girl held up a picture with a big blue ribbon it.

"Great job, sweetie! We'll hang this up on the fridge!" A woman, no older than 30 walked into the kitchen with the girl bouncing on her toes behind her.

"Mommy! Show daddy! Where is he? Daddy?!"

"Aww. Hun. Daddy's at work. He'll be here soon" she promised, using a magnet to hold the picture up.

"Ok Mommy! I love you!"

"I love you too, Cassie" she tickled her and their laughing echoed through the house.

I curl up once it's over. The memory, the attack, the noise. Everything. I lay next to my window, everything I had drained from me. My door opens and heavy footsteps pound against my eardrums. 1...2...3...4...5...6.....they stop. I can't open my eyes, but I know he's there, looking down at me with that smirk like he always does. The look of pure hatred in his eyes that run deep into his soul.

"Remember your place...here... a weak, little, pathetic slut" he mumbled into my ear and spat on my cheek, leaving afterwards. I wanna stay here, on my floor where I can't get any lower. I can watch the world pass above me and hopefully ignore my existence...but I can't. I just can't. The universe won't let me. Pathetic.

The distance between me and my bathroom seems intangible. Only a few feet. So far. I find my window's ledge and pull myself up, stabling myself and by holding onto random edges and objects around my room, I get to my bathroom and nearly scream at the sight of my body.

No doubt I'm skinny, but there's a million bruises on my arms, legs and stomach. How is there even one around my neck?! That's gonna be so hard to cover up. Relax Cassie. At least it can't get worse, right? Right! Ok. I need a shower.

I turn it on and sit in the tub, letting the hot water graze every inch of my body. My legs hurt so badly. I scrub every part of my being, watching blood and dirt run down the drain. After 20 minutes, I turn off the water and hoist myself out of the tub slowly, grabbing my towel and drying off.

I'm gentle with and around the bruises. I walk out of my bathroom and go my closet, putting on light clothes and towel drying my hair. I'm exhausted and just want my bed. I sit down on my mattress and tie my hair into a wet bun, out another towel on my pillow and lay my head down, falling asleep immediately.

Beeeeeep!! I grab my phone and turn it off, looking at my door like I do every morning, waiting for anything, but nothing happens. I go to stand up and hold my hands over my mouth tightly, muffling the cry of pain that resonated in my throat while I fell back on to my bed. I reach over to my drawer and grab a bottle of water and pills, downing a few and waiting five minutes. I slowly stand up and start walking to my bathroom to shower and get ready for school. I choose a really big hoodie, some loose pants that I can cinch around the waist and laced up my sneakers, heading out the door with my bag and phone.

Tip toeing down stairs, I flip my hood up and head out the back door, starting my way to school, ignoring the pain in my hips and legs. Seeing the school building up the street, I sigh and walk on campus, ignoring everyone's questionable looks as I open my locker and grab my little makeup pouch out of it. I go to the old janitor closet that was boarded up, but I'm small enough to get in and turn on the lights, and pull out the contents.

I use a color corrector and blend it with concealer until you can't tell there's makeup on my neck. The bell rings and I set the makeup, and dip out of the small room, heading to my class up the hall. I sit in the back and look out the window. My mind wanders to what happened yesterday, but I find myself smiling when a small brown bird lands on the window sill, and rubs its beak on the glass, like it's trying to get in.

I feel my hood get yanked and the collar of my hoodie presses against my neck roughly. Letting out a cry of pain, I pulled it back and turned around, seeing Brittany and her Barbie friends behind her, amused smiles on their faces. "Heyyyy girly" they say in unison. I just stare at them confused.

"Sooo, like, I'm throwing a party this weekend and you're invited...but only if you show up with your little friend cause he won't go if you don't. Cool?" Brittany smiled and walked away, the other three following her.

"I'm not going..."

——————————————————-
"But you have to! You don't go anywhere!" Jordan argued.

"I have a curfew... I can't go, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't" I plead with him. He sighs and flicks my forehead childishly.

"Finnneee. I'll go to the highschool party without you" he pouted, making me laugh.

"Good!" I hug him and leave campus, the smile falling from my face as I walk home again. The driveway is empty and the front door is wide open. I go around the back and look around inside. The house is trashed. An absolute mess. There's a sticky note on the fridge and I read over it:

The house better be clean when I come home in a month ;)

A month! A only a month. Crap. I go up the stairs and first room to be cleaned is mine. Folding clothes, washing clothes, throwing away trash, sweeping, vacuuming, washing windows....all for one room. Why would he trash the house? Only to have me clean it? Ridiculous.