Chapter 3:

It's been a week since Eric left and the upstairs rooms and areas have been cleaned by me. As stupid and demented as it may sound, it's actually been pretty relaxing without him here. I get up, get dressed, go to school, come home and clean until 12am, repeat.

It's another Monday. My alarm clock blares through my room. I shut it off and roll out of bed, heading to my bathroom, getting in the shower once the water is hot. I poured my berry vanilla body wash on my loofa and the same scent in my hair, nearly drowning my existence in its scent. I'm obsessed with it.

I get out and throw on a lighter hoodie and jeans, along with my sneakers, grab my bag and head out to school, enjoying the feeling of not going to school smelling like cigarettes or Eric's car leather. I get to school, happier than usual and I think Jordan noticed first. "Hey there happy camper" he chuckled and slung his arm around me and I had to will myself not to flinch.

"Hi, Jordan" I smile at him and he chuckles, leading us to our first class. I got through my work quicker than usual and was having a great time doodling in my note book when the bell rang. It felt good to be able to stand up without aches and pain.

I all but skipped my way through the school day. The Barbie gang didn't even mess with me today. I waved bye to Jordan and was on my way home to start on the living room and kitchen.

Three weeks later~

Ahh. The house has been fully cleaned spotless for a week now, and Eric is supposed to be coming home today. I'm begging the universe to let me escape a beating today. I've been anxious all day and now im walking home faster than I'd like to. I stop a few blocks away from my house, seeing his car in the driveway. Taking in a huge amount of air, I keep walking, silently going inside and looking around everywhere for Eric...but I don't see him anywhere.

I make my way to the stairs, looking up and around them, before actually going up. I look down the hallway and my heart is blaring in my ears. I still don't see him. Time seems to slow down as I make my way to my room and slide inside, still keeping an eye out. Where is he? I close my door and set my bag down before releasing the air that was still in my lungs to relax.

I pull my homework out and start on it, jumping at slight sounds, like the AC cutting on and off, or the smoke alarm beeping for new batteries.

I should probably tell you all what's going on, huh? Well, this crazy life of mine is focused on me and my dad living together, but he doesn't deserve that title anymore. I had a mother and a twin sister. Mom and dad...they fell out of love and split so many years ago. Mom took Jessie, my twin, dad kept me. That was 11 years ago, when we were 6. Eric wasn't that bad then. He would try not to drink around me, or cuss, he didn't hit me, but that changed when I saw him with another woman and cried.

When she left, mind you I was still crying, he slapped me and sent me to my room. I was 10. The real torture of it didn't begin until I was 13. He said I could make him some extra money. I'm 17 now and turn 18 in 10 months. It's only 10 months.

Jordan McCarter is my best friend, always has been. He's an athlete at school and yet, he prefers hanging with me than the other sport members usually.

And then there's Jason Dean Parker. I've always had a crush on Jason, then again, who doesn't? He's 6'5 with dark brown hair, a few lighter strands thrown in, stormy grey eyes with brown specks littered around, the pinkest, fullest lips, strong build, the one that doesn't look like a Dorito chip, and the prettiest smile that makes your teeth look dull.  But every girl at Planyard High has a crush on the bad boy, so I'm nothing special.

I'm Cassandra Lily Woods and welcome to my chaos.

——————————————————

Waking up to knocking on my door, I roll out of bed and trudge over, unlocking and opening my door. I feel my eyes go wide and panic building up as Donovan smirks down at me. Donovan is one of Eric's friends and "regulars". I go to shut the door but his foot catches it. He pushes it back open and walks towards me. On instinct, I back up...until I feel the wall on my back. He places his hands on either side of my head. I try to duck under them but he moves and cages me in further.

"We do this every time, Sprout" he leans in closer to me. "I'm starting to think you like this routine of ours" his voice sends shiver down my arm and I shake my head, tears already making their way down my face. I jump when I feel his disgusting lips pressing against my neck and shoulder. I bring my arms up, trying to push him away. "Uh uh. Don't do that, Sprout" he grabs my wrists and pins them above my head with one hand tightly, his other hand undoing my pants.

I sob loudly and beg him not to do it, but he doesn't listen, and when does, he laughs at my pleads. I'm too stuck and scared to do anymore than just cry for the next 20 minutes. He pulls out and finishes away from me. He lets me go and I fall on my knees, curled up and shaking with my arms around my stomach in a grip. I hear his deep chuckle and flinch when he pats the top of my hair before finally leaving my room, closing my door on the way.

I look over at the clock and wait til I can finally see through the tears. 10:23 it reads in its screen. I crawl to my bathroom and use the sink counter to pull myself up. Purple and red littered my neck and collar bone. Turning to the side, more purple bruises trailed up my thigh and hip. I took off my shirt and bra, tossing them in the hamper, I turned on the shower, hopping in a minute later, attempting to wash his fingers, his kisses, his existence away from my body. Of course it doesn't work but it never hurts to try.

An hour goes by and I've scrubbed my body over at least 15 times and I still feel like he's here. I dry my body off and put on a hoodie and leggings to sleep in, snuggling under my covers, 11:35 is the last thing I see before falling asleep.