Chapter 1:

Another day. Another day. Another day.

Eric drops me off at school and I all but run out of the car, fearing the eyes of my peers that already were staring at me. Probably because of my disheveled hair or the death grip on my bag and phone. No no. Its definitely the way Eric sped off campus, leaving me at the mercy of the smirking and whispering classmates.

I blanked. In and out my mind went from the school gates, to the corridor, to my class where I arrived early as always. Focusing back on reality when I was seated in my desk and my bag plopped down beside me. I took a deep breath, feeling the burn in my chest returning. I bite my lip as it intensifies, trying not to let the desperate whimper out.

I picked up my phone and flipped the flashlight on in my hoodie, peeking my head inside. A dark blue bruise sitting on my chest, covering a majority of it. The sight makes me woozy. I pull my head out and turn off my flash as the bell rings....and rings...and rings...

"Cassie....Cass...wake up..." I look up into the gold and hazel eyes of my friend, Jordan, who's shaking me out of my slumber. I look around and notice everybody's starting to leave. I reach down to grab my bag but Jordan picks it up, along with my phone, before I could even blink.

I smile at him and mouth a 'thank you'. "Anytime, lass" he exclaims loudly. We trudge to class, well, more like I trudge, and Jordan rambles beside me about how I should get more sleep at night because day naps are bad for me...blah, blabber, blah.

We sit in the back of Literature while other students pile into class. Mr. Williams pulls out his retro TV and puts on a movie about some mythological monstrosity. I lay my head back down and drift off into a much needed sleep until a knock at the door sounded.

I lifted my head as Williams paused the show while a hairy horse man tore off a girl's limbs. He opened the door and a guy walked in, escorted by the principal.

Looking at him -and the way the other girl's reacted- I could only assume this was the infamous bad boy everyone talked about but rarely ever saw.
"Thanks, Principal Adams" the guy smirked and took a seat in the teacher's chair, propping his feet on the desk. Mr. Williams shook his head and continued the slaughtering scene while I put my head back down.

————————————————————

"Cassssieeeeee!!" A voice screamed in my ears. I shot up and glared at Jordan who threw his hands up in surrender. "It's lunch time" I yawned and nodded, grabbing my bag and walking out of class with Jordan glued to my hip. I pulled my hoodie up to somewhat hide from the accusing stares of everyone else. Some girls come up and start talking to Jordan, basically dragging him away and to the cafeteria, leaving me in the middle of the hallway.
Figuring I don't eat anyway, I trek to the library and delve myself into a good book, but I just stare at the letters. They seem to merge together into one big blob of nothing. Shaking my head, I close the book and leave the house of books, bumping into something.

I start falling, not bothering to try and steady myself, just waiting for the hard impact of the floor to make contact with my shoulder blades...but it never comes. I wait a few seconds more before opening my eyes and seeing amused grey and brown eyes already looking at me. The bad boy himself stopped me from falling?

"You should probably look where you're going" he steadies me and I can't help but take a closer look at him.

Jason Parker. A supposedly rich bad boy, standing at a good 6'5, easily towering my 5'3 frame. Grey eyes with brown specks, brown hair, muscular but not too much, just enough to crush me to oblivion. Why did I just think that? Out of everything.

I take a step back from him, clutching my bag. "T-thanks" and.....of course I stutter. I go to step around him, but he cuts me off, standing in my way. I look at him confused and irritated which he just laughs at.

"What's your name, princess?" He smirks down at me. A blush rises to my face being caught off guard since no one talks to me except Jordan, unless it's the typical rhetoric questions, and I'm just gonna ignore he called me princess.

"C-Cassie Woods"

"Cassie! There you are!" Jordan ran into the library and immediately got shushed by the librarian. He turned his head to Jason and nodded. "Sup, bro" and they did that guy thing.

"Hey, dude" he turned his head to me. "So this is the famous Cassie you talk about?"

"Yep. My best friend" he smiles at me and I return it. Then the bell rings.