The Blood Moon 🧛🏼‍♂️

Before Note: This is a continuation, a sequel if you will of my other vampire one shot. I was keep devolving thoughts on this whole vampire world so, yeah. Enjoy!

   It's been a couple month sense that incident and I'm feeling better than ever. My mom is checking up on me more and I'm fine with it but whenever she's here it's like Izu has seen a ghost. Today is no different. She came over bringing chai tea with a Chinese jade tea set as a gift, kettle, tray, and all.
   "This gift is unnecessary mother, I must ask that you keep it."  She sat down cross legged in our chair and smiled.
   "Nonsense. This little gift I acquired is from the Nara period, Consort!" She snapped at Izuku to get his attention.
   "Y-yes Todoroki-San?" He squeaked.
   "Could you be a dear and make us some tea with the new tea set I got you?"
   "Yes Ma'am." He nodded and went off into the kitchen. I groaned.
   "Mother, I know you love me dearly but could  you be a little, nicer to my boyfriend. I mean, I'm not in the Vampire court anymore. Calling him a consort seems kind of objectifying to him." She did a reserved laugh.
   "You must love him dearly, you have never spoken against what I've done for you." I kept silent.
   "In all honesty, you already know why I'm checking up on you more often." I hated knowing the reason.
   "The blood moon."
   "Have you told him yet?" She asked.
   "No." She sighed rubbing her temples.
   "And why not? Wether you like it or not Todoroki Shouto, you are a vampire, so stop this rebellious phase and act like one. Once the moon glows red you will be in a frenzy like no other and you could seriously hurt him, do you want a repeat of last time?"
   "No, I don't..." She sighed and her eyes softened.
   "Have you at least drank blood in recent weeks."  I shook my head no. She opened her purse and gave me a liter of blood.
   "Here, drink this." I looked at. The consistency and color looked very human like.
   "Is it human blood?" She smiled.
   "You're quick to catch on." I sighed, knowing it's wise to not cross paths with my mother.
   "If it's not animal blood then I don't want it." Her eyes became furrowed.
   "I tell you to do things because I want to do what's good for you Shouto, that's what every mother wants to do for her son." I know she cares about me and I know I should probably drink it, but I feel bad in doing so. To be honest, I have only drunk from Izu twice after I left my father's temple.
"I didn't want to do this my son, but you leave me no choice." Oh no, her ultimate weapon.
"Please honey?" Her eyes became watery and her voice became soft.
"You know I t-try so hard! Raising you as a single mother, all alone with the few loyalists of the court that survived. I was d-doing all I c-could for you, I guess it wasn't enough." She started to cry and I felt bad.
"No Mother, don't cry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'll drink it see." I starting drinking a little bit down and her tears miraculously stopped. 
   "That's wonderful to hear son!" She clapped her hands together and smiled at me, her emotions in total contrast to a few seconds ago.
   "I have prepared you the tea Todoroki-San." He set the tray and started pouring our cups.
   "So how has your sexual relationship going with my son hmm?" I chocked on my tea and looked at Izuku and he looked like he was about to die of embarrassment.
   "Umm w-well is that appropriate to talk about at the table?" I pinched the bridge of my nose and groaned. I can't believe my mother asked such a question.
   "No Izu, no it is not. My mother just asked a very inappropriate question." I answered. My mother just shrugged.
   "What, consorts were a very hot topic back in my day. About 'more rights this' and 'You can't love a lower class that.' It's all very romantic if you ask me. Like it or not, there has to be a mutual trust between consort and vampire because their literally trusting vampires with their lives. But it was more then that. If a vampire choses a consort over another vampire it was seen as treasonous cause our race took a big toll  in the Heian period. Our numbers were so low, we couldn't afford someone not continue the proud lineage of the vampire race but that all changed when-" I put a silencing talisman on my mom so she couldn't explain anymore.
   "That's enough out of you, are you sure I'm the one low on blood?" She found the talisman and ripped it allowing her to speak.
   "Why do you do such acts to your mother?" I smirked and sipped on my tea.
   "I'm just wondering why you're so animated today, but knowing you, you blame the upcoming moon." She laughed.
   "You're right on that one. Alright then," She stood up and stretched before heading towards the door.
   "I'll be taking my leave then." I gave my mom a hug and she whispered in my ear.
   "You better know what you're doing Shouto, remember that the blood moon is coming and I don't think you'll have the willpower to resist what's in your nature." I nodded. She smiled at Izu, polar from her serious tone with me and asked.
   "Hey Izuku, lend a girl some blood?" I blushed and escorted my mother out.
   "That's enough mother, I think you've overstayed your welcome." I said pushing her through the door. She hung onto the frame and said.
   "Okay then, so what about tomorrow sweetheart?" She looked over at Izu.
   "Just so you know, Izu has work tomorrow and I will specifically will not open the door for you." She kept resisting.
   "Hmph, rude. I just need to check in on my son, especially since-" I put another talisman on her and pushed her out the door.
   "Goodbye mother, hope you have a quaint and quiet trip back to the shrine." I quickly closed the door and groaned, sliding by back against the frame in exhaustion.
   "Sho, are you okay?" I rubbed the temples of my forehead and groaned.
   "I completely apologized for my mother's actions today, it was totally inappropriate." He laughed. 
   "No that's okay. Even though I find your mom absolutely scary, it's very clear that she deeply loves and cares for you." I got up and wrapped my arms around my lovely boyfriend.
   "I deeply love and care for you you as well darling." I started to kiss up and down his neck and he started to giggle, then stopped me from reaching his neck leaving me confused.
   "Let's see if you can catch me." He got out my grip and started running away.
   "You know that a vampire's abilities is greater that a human's right?" He giggled from the other side of the island.
    "Yeah but we have better, aerobics." He threw a drying towel at me as a distraction and darted towards the upstairs, I laughed.
   "I see what you did there, you're a cheeky one aren't ya, because vampires can't produce energy with oxygen instead we take the finished product. Well two can play it that game." I flew up the stairs with great speed and sensed that Izu was in our bedroom." I snuck up to the door opening slowly sneaking up behind him and quietly as I can. Before he could turn around and see it was me, I threw him on the bed, pinning his arms above his head.
   "Boo." I smirked  and got off him.
   "I told you a vampire abilities greatly out paces a human's. It really is a case of the lion falling for the lamb." Izu pulled me close to him.
   "What a stupid lamb." He had a soft smile on his face. I went closer to his neck and whispered.
   "What a sick masochistic lion." I tenderly kiss his neck before sinking my fangs in his jugular, him tensing from the sudden puncture. After a moment or two I stopped and licked the wound for it to heal. He kindly grabbed my face and sweetly said.
   "Sho, make love to me~" I smiled lightly.
   "You if we do, I will get greedy and hurt you." He pulled me closer and kissed me.
   "It's okay, really. I just need to be able to move around tomorrow." I looked outside the window, the blood moon is in two and a half weeks. I should be fine if I get enough blood 'til then.
   I looked back down at him, how the moonlight made him more tantalizing. My senses sharpened over the half moon in the night sky. I can feel his energy and I'm very aware of how I can drain his life force away. All I could see was his blood coursing through his veins, his heart pumping that marvelous blood through. I got this sudden urge of hunger. A starvation that I never felt before. All I see was red, his heart beat more apparent. Blood, blood, blood! I want it all! I was focusing in on his jugular, going in closer.
   "I'm sorry, I won't." I got off of him.  "I'll hurt you Izu, I won't risk it." He came to me.
   "I know you're very cautious around me but in all seriousness, I'm worried about you. I don't want 'the whole me finding you were a vampire' to cripple our relationship. I'm not scared of you." I clicked my tongue in anger.
   "YEAH BUT YOU SHOULD BE!" I said a little bit too loud. He stepped back.
   "I could literally kill you yet you don't care!"
   "Sho... I won't run from you." I growled some more. 
   "And why not, I'm a monster." He put an arm on my shoulder and tried to embrace me.
   "I don't care what you say, you're not a monster." I pushed him off where he fell to the the ground clutching his arm.
   "Yes I am. And my problem is only going to get worse." My nails became like daggers, my ears more pointed, teeth razor sharp, and my eyes, glowing red.
   "I could kill you with one try, it wouldn't even be hard. You could run, though as if you could out run me. You can hide but I can find you no problem. You can scream," I put my talon like like nails to his throat.
    "But all it takes is a singular cut to your jugular and you'll die." I still felt hunger consuming me. I looked at Izu and then I realized that he was hurt shaking in fear. I immediately went up to him and he scooted away. I realized that he must see me what I am so I can't be upset but I still felt hurt. I went closer to him and he's back touched the wall. I sighed and crouched down to his level, my eyes no longer glowing, my nails receding.
   "I'm sorry, really. I don't know what got into me. I got a deadly craving and it was so bad I thought of fully draining you." I got another urge again.
   "I have to go. I'll be back." I opened the window and jumped out. Leaving my Izu, all alone.