xii. the archer

I SEE RIGHT THROUGH ME
I SEE RIGHT THROUGH ME!

I SEE RIGHT THROUGH MEI SEE RIGHT THROUGH ME!

WALKING HOME FROM THE DINGO,

finley had been playing with her ring, and
she was almost home from a very long, tiring
night she had worked, and wasn't getting a good feeling as she saw soc's cars speeding past her, and circling back.

"dal, please keep me safe."she whispered as she looked down at her ring that dallas had gotten her.

hearing the maradas engin revve right next
to her, she sped up as much as she could,
but it was too late.

"this isn't gonna be good."

STORMING INSIDE THE HOUSE,

finley slammed the door shut, and rushing
upstairs, ignoring her brothers and friends
yells.

she locker her door, and started immediately
looking for the switch blade dallas had given
her when she had gone to the church with pony and johnny.

not being able to find it, she let the thought go before she stripped out of her shirt, revealing a navy blue bra she had worn, and bruises forming over her entire stomach and ribs.

hearing a knock on her door, she turned around quickly, walking over to the door, "what?"

"is everything okay?"she heard soda ask, and she cleared her throat.

"yes everything's fine. i'll be down soon."she lied, and she started to put makeup on.

once she was done, she ran downstairs, plastering a smile, grabbing what was left of dinner.

"how come you're so late?"darry asked, and finley glanced up.

"i was cashing out my tips."she lied, and ponyboy looked at her.

"where's your ring?"pony asked, and she glanced at him with a glare.

ignoring his question, she continued grabbing what was left, and sat down away from ponyboy.

"what happened to your ring?"soda asked, noticing it was missing.

"look i don't know."she snapped, stabbing the turkey darry had made.

"are you coming to a drag race again anytime soon?"steve asked, sliding next to finley, and she kept quiet.

"hey. what's wrong?"steve pressed, and she slammed her fork down, and her chair flung back.

"god damn it! i'm perfectly fine!"she stormed upstairs before locking her door.

looking under her bed, she found an old cardigan, one dallas had stole for her one of the first times they had hung out.

slipping it on, she looked in the mirror, tears filling her eyes.

"the second i put it on, you said it was your favorite dal," she whispered, pulling her hair to the side.

"it was your favorite."

i had no inspiration for this chapter i h8 it here💀

anyway, i think i'm ending this soon