SIXTEEN. jealousy, jealousy

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The night sky didn't do much to comfort Bless as she and Gina walked down the sidewalk. Her hands were in her blue coat as much confusion and slight anger lingered in her after hearing what her girlfriend had told her. Meanwhile, Gina held a tray of turkey cupcakes she baked for the party, calmly waiting for Bless to reel in her revelation.

"Ricky as in Richard Bowen?" Bless repeated and Gina nodded in an exasperated manner. "The same curly-haired, brunette white boy my sister dated?" Again, Gina nodded. "You two are friends? Since when?"

"A couple of months ago, actually," Gina told her. "It was one of those nights after rehearsal and we were the only two left. We started talking about random things and found out we have a lot in common."

"Oh?" Bless asked, sounding a bit offended. "I-I mean, I'm glad you're friends with my sister's ex. Really glad."

"Is that jealousy I hear?" Gina teased as she nudged Bless who rolled her eyes. "Don't worry, you're the one and only, Bless."

Bless scoffed, shaking her head a bit. "Jealous of Ricky? I'd never waste my time being jealous over that guy."

"Yeah, I've noticed you don't exactly tolerate him. Why's that?"

"Do I need a reason to not like the guy?" Bless inquired with a shrug. Gina raised an eyebrow, sensing there was more to the story, causing Bless to sigh. "I never had a lot of friends back in kindergarten or elementary school. I only had Nini. We were so close. Until she met Ricky. They became two peas in a pod while I was their invisible third wheel. He started calling her 'Nini' and she started calling him 'Ricky'. He even gave me a nickname - 'Blessie'."

"Blessie?" Gina repeated with a chuckle.

"Yeah, he had this thing where he couldn't pronounce his As. It was weird, but I hated the name and I'm glad it didn't stick. Anyways, all Nini could ever talk about was Ricky ever since they met. It was all Ricky this and Ricky that. It was like I was losing my sister to him and... and I did. He took the only person who cared about me away from me. Well, besides my moms, but still."

"And you've held this grudge against him ever since?" Gina asked and Bless nodded in response. "Look, I get your reasoning, I do, but don't you think it's time to clear the air? I mean, it is Thanksgiving."

"So because it's an American holiday that's mainly spent eating a large feast I have to say, 'Thanks, Ricky, for taking my sister away from me. Please don't do it with anyone else I care about in my life.'?"

"I'm just saying, maybe he doesn't know how you felt. Boys are clueless, you know. Besides, holding a grudge always ends up in flames."

Maybe Gina was right. Maybe she should leave whatever Ricky did in the past in the past. However, she merely shrugged at Gina's suggestion.