NINETEEN. the el ray

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The El Ray theater was... not that hot. When the East High thespians and their Drama teacher arrived there, it was dark, stuffy and the stage held a mess of objects. Although the group cleared the stage and turned the lights on, the place still looked somber. From how Carlos talked about it and everyone's excitement, Bless expected something... well, something exciting. But the El Ray Theater was kinda creepy.

"Okay! Let's have some real talk." Miss Jenn stood in the center of the stage, prompting everyone to find a spot and sit or stand. Bless stood beside Nini as Miss Jenn continued. "Welcome to Tech Rehearsal. I don't know if you've noticed, but most of the tech in this particular theater appears to be hand-cranked. Natalie Bagley, my dear, my stage manager, this is your chance to be the hero." Everyone glanced around the area for the stage manager in question, but she was nowhere to be found. Bless frowned, wondering where she had disappeared off to now. It seemed like that was something common about Natalie. "What is it? What's happening?"

Seb provided an answer for her and the whole cast. "Natalie Bagley's getting her wisdom teeth out."

Miss Jenn's eyes widened. "Okay. Okay, so, I'm down a stage manager, my Taylor's M.I.A."

"Gina's okay," Ricky assured them all. "She's a fighter and she'll be back for opening night."

Bless couldn't help but scoff, muttering under her breath, "Doubtful."

She was loud enough for Nini to hear as well as an annoyed Ricky. Instead of questioning her sister, Nini glanced over to Ricky. "Did she text you?"

Ricky shook his head. "No. You?"

Nini mimicked his response. It didn't take more than a second for things to go further downhill for the thespians. A large, heavy sandbag suddenly fell to the ground echoing a loud thud. Shrills of fear mixed in the air as the action took everyone by shock.

"Totally normal!" Miss Jenn tried to reassure them. "Just heads-up from now on." Miss Jenn looked towards the ginger boy of the group. "Alrighty, Big Red, do you know how to hang a light?"

Looking confused as ever, Big Red replied slowly with a shrug, "I know how to hang... out?"

Bless shook her head and let out a faint chuckle, while everyone else laughed at the boy. Miss Jenn smiled tensely.

"Cool," their teacher said and looked to the choreographer. "Carlos, let's set marks to light Status Quo." She then made her way over to Ricky and Nini. "Troy and Gabriella, find somewhere quiet and run the rooftop scene. It's been a while and I need you opening night ready by dinner time, okay?"