TWENTY-ONE. the words i most regret

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

For once, Bless decided to take someone's advice. That someone being her best friend Ashlyn Caswell. Bless had only written one song in her life - I'm Yours - and that was right after her first breakup with Gina. Back then she was writing out of anger and frustration, but now the song she crafted took a different process. She wasn't angry when she wrote it. She was regretful. She was hurt by how she yelled at Gina before the latter left. And she was sorry. However, Bless also felt a weight lifted off her shoulders. All her feelings that she decided to bottle up were now out somewhere and it felt great.

It was the day of opening night for the High School Musical production and Bless couldn't believe she was excited for the night. Mere months ago, she was complaining about being a part of the production. Now, she was upset that the end was nearing. She made great new friends and, surprisingly, learned a lot from the chaotic group of thespians she spent her afternoons with.

However, she wasn't as excited as Nini who was eager to get to school ASAP. Unfortunately, that meant that Bless had to get ready earlier than she predicted. When she eventually got ready, Nini was not as she was wasting time with Kourtney, possibly talking about the almost kiss she had with Ricky. Which meant Bless had to wait on her sister. So the girl decided to pass time by playing her finished song. With her guitar under her arms, she played the notes of the rather depressing song for an exciting evening ahead.

"First things first, we start the scene in reverse. All of the lines rehearsed disappeared from my mind. When things got loud, one of us running out. I should've turned around, but I had too much pride," Bless's soft voice sang the words, each one hitting like bullets of truth. "No time for goodbyes, didn't get to apologize. Pieces of a clock that lies broken." If her plan with EJ went well, then maybe she'd see Gina again. Maybe she could apologize. But as of right now, those were just maybes. And the last words she said to Gina would stain forever. "If I could take us back, if I could just do that. And write in every empty space the words "I love you" in replace. Then maybe time would not erase me." Bless didn't know much about love. Sure, she loved her moms, her sister, her friends, but boy was she bad at expressing it. Maybe deep down she hated hearing people say she loved Gina because it was true, and love seemed like such a scary thing. They were just teenagers after all. "If you could only know I'd never let you go. And the words I most regret are the ones I never meant to leave, Unsaid Emily."

It was best not to put Gina's name in the song. Because if by chance someone found her songbook and looked in it, she didn't want said person to know she'd written such a depressing song for her ex. So she chose to sign it with a name that represented Gina, but no one knew of - Emily, Gina's middle name. A few light knocks were heard from the door before it opened. Nini popped her head into her sister's room, a small smile on her face.