TWENTY-TWO. stick to the status quo

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Chase Miller liked helping people out, so when Carlos asked for some assistance with prepping Kourtney for the Stick to the Status Quo dance number, he was happy to help. However, neither he nor Carlos realized how difficult Gina's flexibility would be for Kourtney to uphold.

"Okay, you're so close, Kourt," Chase assured her, though Kourtney was nowhere near close to splits.

"Yeah, you can do this," Carlos encouraged. After a few seconds, Kourtney sighed as she shook her head before standing.

"Uh-uh, guys. This is as far as I can go," Kourtney stated.

Miss Jenn came into the bomb shelter with a smile. "Ladies and gentlemen. It is time for Stick To The Status Quo!" The cast gathered around Miss Jenn, noting that she was about to make another inspirational speech to the nervous bunch. "This is our biggest Act I show stopper and you're all going to kill it because I love you. Any questions?"

Kourtney raised her hand. "I have a couple hundred."

"Wait, how is the Taylor dance break going to work?" Seb raised the question. "Gina's choreography is really complex. The only person who can do it is Bless."

"I can quickly run to the pit and have the orchestra cut that part," Carlos suggested. Murmurs of disagreement followed, all thespians knowing how big and important this dance break was and they couldn't afford to cut it out.

"Or we could just have Gina do it," Kourtney's voiced.

Kourtney's anxious frown rose into a smile when she and the rest of the cast spotted the solution to their problem standing at the entrance of the bomb shelter. Gina Porter stood by the entrance in all her glory with a smile on her lips and a container in her hands. The whole cast went up to the girl, exclaiming her name in joy and some of them hugging her. Chase just wished Bless was here right now.

"Sorry, guys, I don't want to interrupt," Gina told them with a smile.

"How did you get here?" Carlos asked.

"A friend bought me a last-minute flight back. I was going to go drop off these cupcakes and then hide in the gym and cheer you guys on."

"Gina, no one in the gym wants to hide more than I do right now," Kourtney stated.

"Wait." Gina scanned the girl's appearance, instantly recognizing the outfit. "Are you playing Taylor?"

"I was and it was nice and now it's your turn to save my butt and do the dance." Kourtney outstretched her tray to Gina. "Please? I'm asking you."