18

Henry

"Henry!"

I closed my eyes and sighed, my forearm resting on my head. I threw my covers off of me and stood up, rubbing my hands down my face. "What?"

"You've got company," Josie sang, making me walk to my door. I opened it and there stood Cordelia, looking up at me.

"I have nothing to say to you," I said, making her step inside my room.

"Okay, well, I have something to say to you," she said.

I folded my arms over my bare chest as she spun around to face me. I lifted an eyebrow and shrugged. "What?"

"I know you've been able to tell a difference in the way I've been acting."

"Yeah, I have," I said, nodding.

"Henry, I'm leaving," she said, "and I-I should've told you sooner."

I lifted an eyebrow. "What do you mean, you're leaving?"

"Mom and Dad," she said, sitting down on my bed, "they're getting back together. We're moving away from the city, kinda out to the suburbs."

"And what does that have to do with us?" I asked, shaking my head.

She shrugged, folding her arms over her chest. "I figured long distance wouldn't be your thing."

"You're kidding me, right?" I asked, "you're moving to the suburbs, and you're afraid that distance is going to become a problem? What the fuck?"

"Henry," she groaned, rubbing her hands down her face, "I was trying to do something that I thought you'd like-"

"Why would I like that, Cordelia?" I asked, gripping my hips. I was fuming, and I was sure it was apparent.

"You've been tied down for a year, Henry," she said, looking up at me.

"Okay, well, plot twist, I don't have a problem with being tied down," I snapped, "but it sure as hell seems like you do."

"I'm going to a new school, I'm living in a new neighborhood-"

"So you're wanting to explore your options?" I deadpanned, finally realizing her intention behind it all.

She looked up at me, knitting her brows together as if she had no clue what I was talking about. "What?"

"We barely see each other at school, I don't live in your neighborhood, so I'm not really seeing how those things would affect us so much. Other than the fact of you wanting to explore your options, of course."

She tilted her head over.

"If you do, then I-"

"I do," she snapped, looking up at me, "we need to. We've outgrown each other."

"We've outgrown each other," I repeated, nodding, "yeah, you're right. We have."

She nodded, leaving us in silence.

"You're not even going to put up a fight?" She asked.

"Is that what you came here for?" I asked, "me to beg for you?"

She shook her head, looking down. "No. But some confirmation that we ever meant anything to you would be nice."

"I'm sorry?" I asked, my jaw nearly unhinging, "you need confirmation from me?"

She looked up at me. She looked beautiful, there was really no denying it. Her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, putting her facial structure and features on display. Her full lips, her bushy eyebrows, her adorable nose, and her dark brown eyes.