32

Alexis

I'm on my way.

Ever since I'd received that text, I couldn't think straight. I knew I was supposed to be tidying my kitchen, sweeping my floors, and folding the blankets strewn about my living room, but I couldn't have done so, even if I'd wanted to.

I aimlessly swept a Clorox wipe across my countertop, completely spaced out as I was thinking about the feeling of hands traveling up my back, lips against my neck.

There came a knock on the door, making me snap back to reality and look over at it. I bit down on my lip and jogged over to my mirror, unbuttoning the top button of my dress and pulling a few strands of hair out of the clip I had it pulled up in.

I opened the door and Fred smiled, stepping inside. "Hi."

"Hi," I greeted, leaning against the door after closing it.

"I have a proposal."

My eyes went wide, and I felt myself panic. "Oh?"

He laughed, tilting his head over. "Let's go to lunch. Just at the cafe right by the building."

"O-oh," I laughed, nodding, "yeah. Yeah, that works."

"But," he said, walking over to me, "before we go."

He knelt down, looking up at me as he pulled my underwear down my legs. I felt my stomach flip, and I was rather curious as to what Fred King was about to surprise me with this time.

He lifted my dress and pressed a kiss to my leg, looking up at me as he slipped something into my underwear. I couldn't quite see what it was, but he nodded down at my feet for me to step back into them.

I looked up at him as he stood back up, earning a charming smile from him.

"You have not lost your pretty boy title, Freddy King," I softly said, looking up at him.

He bit down on his lip and nodded towards the door. "Already got us a table."

I smiled and grabbed my coat, slipping into it as I opened the door. I looked back at him as he closed it, tilting my head over. "What'd you put in my underwear?"

We made it to the elevators, making him smile and look over at me. "Nothing. Why do you ask?"

I giggled and stepped into the crowded elevator, Fred closely following me. We found a spot between the obvious gym enthusiast, drenched in sweat, and the older lady staying as far away from said gym enthusiast as possible.

We all stood in silence as the elevator slowly descended down to the first floor, but I gasped and grabbed Fred's arm when I felt a vibration against me.

My jaw slack, I looked over at him with wide eyes. "Fred," I whisper-yelled, earning the older lady's eyes.

"Shh," he whispered, his pointer finger against his lips, "it's quiet in here."

I let out a breath, biting down on my bottom lip as I leaned my head back. There's no way I'll survive this.

The elevator stopped and we stepped out of the elevator, making him pull me close. "Good luck trying to order with that."

"Fred," I said, stopping him in the middle of the lobby.

"What?" He asked, grinning as I felt yet another vibration against me.

I grabbed his solid arm, dropping my head. "Fred."

He looked down at me, and I saw eyes that took me back to when we were nineteen years old. Curious, mischievous, and I'd realized that Fred had yet to grow old.