Chapter Ⅹ: hellfire

because I wasn't happy with this chapter I decided to re-write it, I like this version much better than the old one. happy reading!

warning: contains mentions of blood 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Amaya woke up she was met with pain and darkness.

She dug her nails into the Nether brick floor, she felt the crusty building material crack under the force.

Her breathing was shallow and uneven, loose hair fell into Amaya's face, she brushed it aside, every little movement she made hurt.

Why couldn't she see?

Her eyes were open- that she knew.

Had something happened while she was unconscious?

Footsteps from down the hallway alerted Amaya of someone coming. Her breathing hitched, and she scooted away from what she thought the direction of the old iron gate was.

The footsteps halted at her cell, and several long moments passed before the gate swung open with a loud, ear-shattering screech. Amaya cringed at the sound.

she brought her knees to her chest, her body trembling, panicked she shut her eyes tightly.

Even though for some reason she couldn't see.

"You're awake," the Ardoni spoke- Amaya knew his voice well. Ingressus Voltaris.

"What-what did you do?" Her voice was quiet and shaky. She could feel Ingressus' dark and foreboding aura. It sent chills down her spine.

A sharp laugh came from the male Voltaris "wouldn't you like to know?" His voice was venomous.

Amaya didn't respond. She was a prisoner here. Ingressus could do whatever he wanted to her and he would get away with it.

"I blinded you,"

Amaya stiffened- he had to be lying- she couldn't be blind! Panic rose in her chest, as she glanced around the room panicked.

"-why?" Her voice cracked.

Ingressus simply responded, "because I have the power to," he paused.

The words exited Amaya before she could think about them. "You're a monster," she hissed quietly.

"Is that how you view me? Amaya, forgive me but I was left with no other choice," he chuckled. "Surely you know that sacrifices need to be made In life, your sight was just one of them. You're not dead, You're not bleeding out, you still have all your limbs. all things considered, you're doing quite well,"

Amaya did not reply to Ingressus, she heard him move closer to her and then felt him force her head up, most likely to survey his handiwork of blinding her.

"Im sure Achillean has told you about our.. Pasts with each other." his fiery red pupils were narrowed to slits as he talked. "He did.." Amaya responded quietly, as much as she tried to the female Voltaris couldn't calm her panicked heartbeat. "You both were friends once, brothers,"

"He is not my brother!" the Deathsinger snarled, Amaya had touched a nerve; if she continued on she was afraid of what the consequences of her actions would be. Ingressus had yet to fatally hurt her, but that didn't mean he wouldn't do so if the chance ever arose.

The female Voltaris shrank back, fear rolled off of her in waves, Amaya as it stood... was small for an Ardoni and that did not help the current predicament.