Chapter Ⅶ: light

Light.

What was it to the Voltaris?

A source of heat, the source of darkness, as long as there is light there is darkness.

People fear the dark not because it is cold and often pictured as lifeless- but because they are afraid of what lurks in it, what some sort of terrifying creature could thrive in the darkness.

Ingressus narrowed his eyes to slits, making his eyes almost look entirely black, almost.

He watched as Achillean walked to the fallen tree the Nestoris looked around almost as if he were expecting to be attacked.

Every bone in Ingressus' body longed to leap out, for his sword to taste the Nestoris' blood.

"All in due time," he thought.

He tightened his grip on the handle of his greatsword. He thought back to when Thalleous had killed his father.

Anger bubbled up in his chest, oh how he would love to see the pleading look on the Sendaris' face as he slowly drove his sword through the chest of the champion.

He shut his eyes, he was hurting, that he knew all the loss the Voltaris clan had faced.

Was he wrong? Was he wrong for wanting to bring the Voltaris out of exile?

Maybe he was, maybe it was hopeless to help his people.

But that didn't mean Ingressus wouldn't try. Oh, he would try to his last breath till his markings turned blacker than the void. He would try.

He let out a slight shiver. The cold was getting to him.

He had to act now or risk losing his chance. Ingressus had no intention of bringing harm to Amaya or her child.

He wasn't that heartless.

The Voltaris picked up Voltar from the snowy ground before stalking his way towards Achillean.

He lifted the staff off the ground holding it outwards, a soft green light glowed from the staff causing another tree to crash to the ground. The sound made him flinch slightly.

Ingressus watched as Achillean spun around to face him, the Nestoris' golden eyes held pure fear.

He felt a small tug at his heart- a part of him, the old him he had fought so hard to forget, came back.

He growled through clenched teeth.

Achillean would suffer today he wasn't going to let some old memories stop him.

He drew his blade.

"Achillean," he let out a dark chuckle, stepping closer to the Nestoris. Achillean drew his staff igniting the enchantment "not going to talk your way out of it?" Ingressus mocked.

"The brother I once knew is gone.." Achillean paused "and I shall avenge him,"

Ingresus let out a bone-chilling laugh "your brother is right here,"

Achillean did not respond, the Voltaris tilted his head the Nestoris had a point.

Ingressus had changed.

Without another word he charged he wasn't trying to fatally wound him, just enough so that he could be captured.

the power of three primes roared through his blood, causing his hands to shake slightly.