Chapter Ⅱ: Cold hugs

The cold wind howled just behind them she had to find shelter quickly,

Her legs trembled from running for so long.

Amaya looked down at her sleeping child. Through some act of fate, she had fought off the Sendaris, keeping herself and her child safe.

Her mind thought back to the moment where her son had been murdered

It caused her emotions to swell up; she paused swallowing her cry she stumbled through the snow her feet had grown numb but she kept on walking the snow moved around them like an angry storm trying to knock Amaya down; she clutched her daughter closer to her chest trying to keep her warm.

She wasn't sure how long she had been walking she wasn't even sure where she was she didn't remember Mt. Velgren being so large. Ahead of her, she could see smoke from a small fire. She walked towards it, God help them if it was a group of Ardoni.

Night had fully taken the sky by the time Amaya reached the camp she froze it was a group of Ardoni and humans

The Ardoni comprised mostly Nestoris with- her eye widened in fear the Sendaris who had killed her son she slowly backed away but flinched as she stepped on a twig snapping it alerting the group she backed away with her breathing hitching.

All the Ardoni were looking at her.

One of the Nestoris put his hand up to the Sendaris as if to tell him 'no'

Amaya watched with wide eyes as the nameless Nestoris approached her. His markings reminded her of 'fish hooks'

For every step he took forwards she took backward.

He stopped, seeing as he would just scare her off.

He held out his hand as if asking her to trust him

Amaya did not move towards the Nestoris, her heart drummed in her ears afraid of what might happen

Both Ardoni made no movements for what felt like forever, Amaya prayed her daughter wouldn't make any sound

The Nestoris moved closer slowly he didn't seem to want to bring harm to Amaya and her child.

The Nestoris once again held out his hand to the Voltairs.

"I only want to help, my name is Achillean Nestoris,"

Her mind drew a blank.

Had she heard that name before?

Achillean Nestoris...

The Tidesinger himself.

"How..how can I... how can I know I..can trust-trust you?" her voice was shaky with fear and exhaustion

Achillean drew his hand back

"I truly mean no harm to you or your child, not all Ardoni are heartless,"

Amaya did not respond to the Tidesinger

"You've lost a child,-"

"yes I did" Amaya's voice shook even more "and I've been running trying- hoping that I can get my child to safety," her voice was angry.