Reunion

Matt's heart raced as he made the last turn. Ollie slept peacefully in the backseat, a toy in his hand and a movie playing quietly. Matt could already see Mark's house coming, with an extra car in the driveway.

He still had no idea what happened after Mark called. The ripple that passed through the house caused him so much pain. But the doctor said he was fine, that nothing had happened. They were full after the events from the Return and the subsequent wave that no one else seemed to have seen but him. Matt would have to ask Mark when he gets there.

Matt pulled into the driveway, and noticed immediately that Stephanie stood on the porch with... was that Ethan? Matt's heart slammed in his chest as he tries his best to calm his shaking hands. He parked behind Mark's car, putting the car into park. He needed to get Ollie out, and wake him up-.

Matt stepped out of the car, looking at Stephanie.

Fuck it.

Matt rushed forward, meeting Stephanie in the middle of the yard. Her body warmed his up, and despite knowing that she was there- Matt's body still trembled. They embraced quickly, falling naturally into their hug. It was almost like nothing ha

"Oh my god I missed you so much," Matt said, a lump forming in his throat.

Stephanie didn't say anything, just sobbed. Matt cradled her head, talking quietly in her ear. He did this to Ollie all the time when he cried- he just guessed Dad-Instinct kicked in. Hearing Stephanie cry made the tears in Matt's eyes roll. He buried his face in her hair, realizing suddenly just how much he missed her smell. 

Stephanie's arms moved, wrapping around his waist. Matt pulled away briefly, looking into her eyes. They welled over with tears of her own, red and puffy. 

She was beautiful.

Matt slowly leaned in, kissing her. The salt of their tears mixed in with the kiss, but who cared? Certainly not Matt. 

If the sky didn't look like it would open up, they would have stayed like that. Matt pulled away though, running his hand through her hair.

"Hi," Matt said, unable to stop himself from smiling.

"Hey," Stephanie also wore a smile on her face. She looked away for a moment, wiping the snot from her nose. "Oh my god, I got snot all over your shirt!"

"Steph, it's fine," Matt laughed. He laced his hands in hers, not wanting to move.

"I hate to interrupt the beautiful moment," Ethan spoke up, "But it's illegal to leave Ollie in the car."

Matt watched Stephanie's grin falter. He gripped her hands, "It's alright. C'mon, I'll let you grab him."

Matt turned, walking towards the car. From what he could see, Ollie still slept peacefully in his seat. Matt opened up the door, turning to Stephanie.

"Do you wanna grab him?" Matt's voice naturally fell into a whisper. 

Stephanie had paled considerably. She stared at Ollie, chest rising and falling quickly. Matt gently took her hand, leading her to Ollie's buckles. He did most of the work, keeping an eye on his wife.

It felt so nice to have her back, to be helping her. Ollie stirred, and she gasped.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. He won't bite," Matt smiled a little at her. "Just grab him under his arms. He's just like any other toddler."

"Just... ours," Stephanie whispered. She took a deep breath, shaking herself a little. Matt recognized it as her hyping herself up. Matt smiled, watching as she leaned in.

"Oof, he's heavy," Steph mumbled, adjusting him against her side. He stirred once again, mumbling something about McDonald's.

"There ya go," Matt looked over her, holding their son. His heart fluttered- like when they first dated. He leaned in quickly, stealing a kiss. His hands cupped her face. 

"Let me grab our bags and we can head inside," Matt said softly, resting his forehead against hers. She nodded, stepping away. Matt closed the car door, moving to the trunk. He popped it open, grabbing the two bags he had packed. He slammed the trunk shut, watching Stephanie look at Ollie worriedly. Matt laughed, "He's slept through the fire alarms before, that should be fine."

Stephanie looked at him wildly, "Really?"

"Yup," Matt walked with Stephanie onto the porch. "He gets it from you."

Stephanie laughed, adjusting Ollie again. His toy dropped out of his hand. Matt went to grab it, but Stephanie dropped into a crouch and grabbed it. She stood like nothing had happened.

"Since when do you have that good of a balance?" Matt joked, thanking Ethan briefly as he held the door open for the family.

"Since always?" Stephanie laughed.

"Matt! Hey man!" Mark walked out of the kitchen.

"Hey man!" Matt walked forward, hugging Mark. 

"Let me show you your room," Mark wrapped an arm around Matt, leading him away.

It didn't go over Matt's head that Stephanie didn't follow. Matt looked at Mark, analyzing his shaking hands.

"Is everything okay?" Matt asked as they stepped into Matt's old room.

"Did you see that wave? Just after I called you?" Mark asked, turning to Matt.

Matt gently set the bags down on the bed, "Yeah. It hurt so much." He shuddered just thinking about it.

Mark cleared his throat, "There's a theory going around that, uh, some of the people who were hurt ended up getting powers from it."

"Is there any support?" Matt asked.

Mark grumbled, "Ethan freaking shorted out the entire house by touching the couch."

"Sesang-e," Matt mumbled, then froze.

Mark looked up at him, "Did... did you just speak in Korean?"

"I... guess?" The realization set in, "Gaejasig!"

Mark burst out laughing, "I'm sure there's someone we can get into contact with."

Matt nodded, walking with Mark back into the living room. Stephanie sat awkwardly on the couch, letting Ollie rest on her chest. As soon as the men walked in, Ollie stirred, looking at Stephanie.

"Momma?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

Stephanie let out a little breath, "Yeah, momma."

Ollie remained quiet for a moment, "You smell nice."

Matt laughed loudly. Upon hearing the noise, Ollie turned. "Hi, dad! Uncle Mark!" Ollie jumped off Stephanie's lap, running to the fellow YouTuber.

"Hey, bud!" Mark stooped down, picking Ollie up and throwing him in the air. Matt walked to Stephanie, sitting on the couch and wrapping an arm around her as Ollie's laughter rung through the room.

Matt kissed the side of Stephanie's head, letting her lean on him.