New Friends

"Let him rest, he needs it."

"He needs to wake up. We have so much we have to catch up on."

"Guys, you're not helping!"

Seán pried his eyes open, looking around. When did he get moved into a hospital? Why did his head hurt so much?

As Seán tried to get a grasp on his surroundings, a man appeared in a chair next to his bed. He had on a flat-bill, jeans, and a t-shirt. Seán blinked in surprise when the man looked up at him.

"Chase?"

Chase breathed out, "Hey."

"What the fuck-?" Seán whispered.

Another man appeared, standing at the end of the hospital bed. Seán watched as his head glitched around, blood dripping down his neck. 

How in the fresh hell were Chase and Anti standing in the room with him. They were just characters, right? They couldn't be here.

"Oh, we're definitely here," Anti said. "And we're never leaving."

Seán's heart dropped, and he sat up. Chase reached out, grabbing his arm, "It's okay though. We're not going to hurt you, and we can't hurt anyone else it looks like."

Seán looked at his arm in horror, how can I feel him?

"How many times do I gotta fuckin' tell ya?" Anti growled, rolling his head.

"Anti," Chase said, pointedly looking at the demon.

Seán inhaled quickly, curling in close to himself. The IV in his elbow pressed further in, and the heart rate monitor spiked.

"Seán I need you to calm down," Chase pleaded. Anti began to glitch harder, laughing as the chaos grew.

The door burst open, revealing a doctor and a nurse. They rushed over to Seán, soothing him. The YouTuber looked around frantically, noticing that Chase and Anti had disappeared.

"What the fuck-?"

"Mr. McLoughlin, we need you to relax," The doctor said.

Seán inhaled quickly, head lolling. The doctor had to catch him as he collapsed backward.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

When Seán woke up later, he saw a man sitting in that same chair from earlier. He sucked in a breath of air, watching as Felix lifted his head up.

"Felix-," Seán said.

Felix grinned, "Hey man. You feeling okay?"

Seán nodded, "Where are Dan and Phil?"

"Recovering at home. The hospital got a bunch of new patients apparently."

Seán sat up a little straighter, "Were you and Marzia affected?"

Felix shook his head, running his hand through his hair, "We didn't realize it happened until the hospital called us."

Seán laid back, trying to assess the situation. His elbow hurt, and so did his head and stomach. Seán groaned in pain, leaning back onto the bed. 

"I've got to be honest, I missed you man," Felix said quietly.

Seán nodded sadly, "You and Marzia ever get married?"

"We're celebrating four years in a couple of months," Felix said, smiling.

"That's amazing," Seán said. His chest ached as he listened to Felix catch him up on his version of the events. He couldn't help his mind drifting back to earlier though, what happened?

"We're still here," Seán heard. His breath hitched.

"-You okay?" Felix asked.

"Yeah, just in a little pain." 

Felix nodded, "Oh, the doctor said you should be fine once you woke up. We just have to wait on him to let you out." 

Seán nodded, watching as Felix stood. "Where are you going?"

"I gotta go grab your doc really quick. I'll be right back," Felix pat Seán's leg, then walked out.

As soon as Felix left, Chase appeared in the chair again. 

"Chase, what the hell is going on?" Seán whispered, taking a deep breath. His heartrate spiked again, and he shut his eyes.

"I have no idea Seán," Chase whispered.

Seán sat in silence with the father. It took a moment, but soon Felix returned with the doctor. It only took a few minutes for Seán to get discharged. As soon as he left the room, he felt someone grab onto his hand.

Seán looked down quickly, watching as a kid- no older than 6- followed behind the small group. He held a Sam plushie close to his chest, and walked quickly (Seán assumed to keep up). 

Seán looked at Felix, "Who's the kid?"

Felix looked down, then his eyebrows creased. "What kid?"

Seán could feel the blood rush away from his face, "You don't see the kid holding onto my hand right now?"

Felix shook his head, an eyebrow raised. "Let's just get you home to rest."

Seán nodded, watching the child with wide eyes.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

By the time they arrived back at Felix's house, Seán felt like he could puke. No amount of eye rubbing or furious blinking would get the kid to go away. 

Felix helped Seán walk inside, noting something about how Marzia would be cooking dinner by now. Seán tried his best to listen, but his mind couldn't leave the events of today.

"I'm going to go help Marzia in the kitchen, just let me know if you need anything, okay?" Felix said as he showed Seán his room.

Seán nodded, moving to go sit on the bed. Felix pursed his lips, but said nothing as he left.

Seán's head still ached profusely. He simply laid back on the bed, hoping the bed would take him.

How could Seán see the characters he created in real life? Why could he feel them? These thoughts and more plagued his mind as sleep finally took him.