𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ➦ 𝟎𝟎𝟐

約束する -

約束する -

--YOUR POV;
you were walking home from a long day of school with nishinoya. today is currently friday. he was rambling about school and volleyball of course.

"y/n, can you help me with homework?" nishinoya asked, with pleading eyes.

"oh, sure!" you smiled, nishinoya thanked you.

you and nishinoya got to your house and went straight upstairs. your parents weren't going to come home until later at night.

"alright get out your stuff you need to study," you said sitting down on the floor. you also got your stuff out and started on some homework. you did most of it during the boy's practice also.

after helping nishinoya you both finished up your homework.

"so y/n, do you like anyone?" nishinoya asked, putting his stuff away.

"huh, where's this coming from?" you laughed.

"i don't know, just asking."

"well yeah," you said blushing a bit.

"who?" he asked.

"i'm not going to tell you directly but i'll describe him. he's very cute, energetic, passionate about this one specific thing. a very good friend. he makes me feel so special," you slightly smiled to yourself, "but i'm almost 100% sure he doesn't like me back." you said laughing it off.

although it seemed like you didn't care on the outside, you cared so much. but you didn't want to bring down the mood.

"well, if he doesn't like you back, then he's missing out on the best thing ever!" noya said crossing his arms.

'jeez noya, you're so dense...'

"what about you? who do you like?" you asked.

"isn't it obvious?" he laughed, "yuri, obviously!"

"oh, the girl you always talk to me about? the one with purple hair, that's in your class?" you asked, he nodded his head. you felt your heart drop to your stomach, "i'm so happy for you noya...!" you choked out.

"thanks y/n!"

"anyways, it's getting late. you should really head home!"

"but i wanna sleepover~!" noya whined. he crossed his arms and did that cute pouty face he always does.

'damn...'

"alright fine, you win!"

"yay! thank you y/n," he said hugging you, "i love you~!"

"if only you meant it romantically.." you muttered.

"huh? what was that?" the libero questioned.

"i said i love you too!" you forced a smile.

you didn't want to be selfish and tell noya about your feelings because he genuinely likes kiyoko. you also didn't want to ruin the amazing friendship you have with him. so for now you're just keeping to yourself.

at nights you sometimes did hope your feelings for him would just go away so you didn't have to suffer from such heartbreak..

-----------
TIME SKIP: TO MONDAY
DURING VB PRACTICE
-----------

you were sitting in the corner of the gym as you did some homework. you would occasionally take breaks and watch the amazing volleyball team right in front of you.

you were calmly observing the team as you felt your throat get itchy. you started coughing quietly not wanting to get attention. you felt it getting worse, so you quickly got up.

you went over to the grey-haired setter and tapped on his shoulder, "i-i'll be right back...i need to go to the bathroom," you coughed a little and quickly exited the gym. no one but sugawara knew you left.

as you quickly made your way towards the bathroom you opened the first stall and quickly locked it. your head hovered over the toilet and you started coughing.

your eyes were shut till you opened them up and observed what was in the toilets.

'petals..? why the fuck am i coughing up pedals? didn't know i worked in a flower shop.'

a few more minutes of coughing and the coughing finally stopped-or at least it did for a few seconds.

"y/n...?" you heard sugawara's voice. "are you okay?"

"s-suga," you coughed, "you ca-can't be in here!" you coughed more, tears prickling out of your eyes because of how much it hurt.

"please, open the stall y/n..."

you opened the stall door and looked him right in the eyes. the coughing had finally died down. he saw your tears and quickly pulled you into a warm embrace.

"what happened y/n?" he looked into the toilet, "why is there flower petals in the toilet?"

"i-i don't know, i'll research it about it tomorrow," you said wiping yourself down. you flushed the toilet and turned back to suga. "and let's get out of here so you don't get in trouble."

"alright," he said. you walked ahead of him, about to walk out of the bathroom. he quickly grabbed your wife stopping you to do so, "but promise me you'll research about it tomorrow..."

you took a look at sugawara. his eyes were desperate for you to figure out what was going on. he didn't want to see one of his closest friends suffer.

"promise..."

you and sugawara went back to the gym as if nothing happened. he cut his practice short for himself and told the team and the coach you weren't feeling well so he wanted to walk you home. the rest of the night the coughing came back once in a while.

AUTHOR'S NOTE .
i feel like the story is going a little
fast tbh!! but w/e
----