Together Again

Once the four friends were outside the theatre, it was a short walk to their favorite Italian restaurant, Café Fiorello. It had been years since Hoseok had been here but he was happy to see that not much had changed. It had the same warm, cozy feeling that he always loved.

The maitre d greeted them with a friendly smile and escorted them to a quiet table in the corner per Jimin's request.

Hoseok let Y/N slide into the booth first and he followed after. He immediately put his arm around her waist and pulled her close. Y/N smiled up at him and snuggled closer then kissed his cheek. He giggled and quickly pecked her lips, surprising her. A feeling of warmth and happiness bubbled up inside her. The two lovers stared into each other's eyes, with silly, lovesick smiles plastered across both their faces.

The waitress came over to bring the menus and take their drink order. Hoseok ordered a pitcher of peach mimosas for them. She smiled, nodded and turned to leave but stopped and did a double take.

Y/N saw her eyes widen when the realization of who Hoseok was hit her but to her credit, she just smiled once more and quickly left to get their drinks.

"Seems like our waitress is a J-Hope fan.", Y/N said quietly.

"Hyung, she totally recognized you!", Jimin whispered.

Y/N quickly slid out of Hoseok's grasp and moved further away from him.

Hoseok's brow wrinkled in confusion.

"Angel, what's wrong? Are you okay??"

Y/N glanced around the room, suddenly aware of several sets of eyes fixated upon their table. She could hear hushed conversations surrounding them. She picked up her menu and opened it, speaking quietly behind it.

"People are staring. They know who you are. What if someone snaps a picture of us together? Your career could be jeopardized."

Last night, it was just the two of them, shut out from the rest of the world in their own happy, little bubble...but now, in the light of day, the harsh reality hit her like a sucker punch to the gut.

The man she loves is J-Hope, a world famous idol. He worked so hard to get where he is now and she realized how foolish she was to think that she could ever be enough for him.

Ruby saw her best friend's face pale and she reached across the table to grab her hand.

Y/N felt her throat begin to close as her eyes burned with unshed tears. Her bottom lip wobbled as she spoke.

"M-Maybe this wasn't a good idea. I'm s-sorry, Seokie. I sh-should go before more people notice."

Hoseok began to panic! Not because of what could potentially happen to his career if photos got leaked to the press but from the fear of losing Y/N for the second time! There was no fucking way in hell he was going to let her slip through his fingers once more!

He whispered-shouted and pulled her closer once more.

"No! I'm not letting you get away from me again! Please, Angel...don't go! My personal life is no one else's business! Our company deals with this kind of stuff all the time, they know how to handle it. I had already told my manager that I was coming home to see family and friends for the holidays."

Hoseok reached for her hand under the table and squeezed it tight. He stared into her tear filled eyes.

"Do you trust me, Y/N?"

Y/N sniffled and nodded.

"With all my heart, Seokie..."

"Everything is going to be fine, I promise Angel. If it makes you feel more at ease, I'll text my manager right now and let him know what's going on. Okay?"