9. Fables and Escapes

Harry looked at her, anxiously, before speaking. "Hey Olivia, I noticed you and the order meeting earlier and I-"

"Harry," she said interrupting him, " I wish I could tell you something, but that was just my first meeting, and it was cut short because they had a feeling you lot were listening in."

"Oh... that's OK I understand, I'll leave you be."

Olivia and Harry had always been good friends, growing closer over the past few years because of Sirius, seeing each other as family now.

Her eyes widened as George appeared in the doorway, Harry noticed and turned to see what she was looking at.

"Oh hey mate!" George said nervously, "I was just, erm, coming to finalize our plans for tomorrow night, it's gonna be our best and last first night party ever!"

"Don't mind me, I was just leaving... night Liv, night George." Harry said as he stood up and left.

George walked around her room slowly, stalling, waiting until Harry was downstairs before rushing over to her.

He met her lips with a deep, gratifying, kiss. George ran a hand through Olivia's hair and gave it a little tug, exciting her, making her moan audibly, at least to them.

He pulled away and put a singular, quieting finger to his lips before pointing it to the door, reminding her it was open. "Fred is still up, but erm- can I come back later tonight?"

"Of course Georgie." Her words making his smile. The two broke apart and sat in the chairs surrounding her unlit fire place. Fred entered and laid leisurely on the couch across from them, most of his body hanging off edge as it was much too small to fit him.

"Angelina wrote me!" Fred said excited.

"Ooo, and what'd she say?" Asked his twin.

"Not much really," he started, sounding slightly disappointed, "Other than how excited she is to see me tomorrow!" His chipper voice revealing just how excited he was.

"Wow, you hear that George? Sounds like Freddie here might actually date a girl for once!" Olivia proclaimed, while lightly nudging George.

"Ha. Ha. You're so funny." Fred said, sarcastically. "But actually, I do think there might be something there, she's quite... Different!"

"Fred, promise me you'll actually give her a chance!"

"I promise! Now all we have left to do is find George a girlfriend!"

"That shouldn't be too much of a problem... Right Olivia?" George joked, slightly winking at her, out of Freds view.

"Yeah! I'm sure we can convince some poor girl to go out with you!" The three erupted with laughter.

They continued to talk until they reached midnight and decided to call it a night. Fred left and George followed soon after, but not before whispering to Olivia, "Don't worry love, I'll be back later."

Olivia sat in her room, continuing to read her book, but soon realized she was growing hungrier and hungrier. Olivia left her room and went downstairs to the kitchen as she approached she could hear her father's voices inside.

"Come down to get a snack haven't you? You're just like your father!" Lupin said welcoming her, gesturing for her to sit down across from them.

"Yes she is! In more ways than one..." Sirius said raising a sly eyebrow at her as he slid a bowl of strawberries to her, "I believe our daughter has a crush on her best friend. George I presume... I can never really tell the difference between the twins."

Olivia's mouth opened, stunned and speechless.

"Sorry to be so blunt, you forget me and your father were best friends for years before we got together! Now, I've seen how you look at him, and him at you, it's exactly how me and Remus used to be." Sirius continued.

Olivia's smile confirmed his assumptions.

Remus began speaking, "You're probably wondering whether it's worth risking your friendship to 'make a move' as they say... it is. The best thing you can do is fall for your best friend..." his hands reach out, one grabbing Sirius' and the other grabbing Olivia's, squeezing them both.

They went on talking for another hour, it was 1 am when she saw the clock and decided to go upstairs. When she opened her door she saw George in her bed, fully dressed in pajamas, "We have a big day tomorrow, I thought we could just sleep." He said grinning.

An involuntary smile crossed her face as she walked over to him. He pulled open the covers and she slid inside, wrapping her arm around his middle and rested her head on his chest. It was so new yet it felt so natural, so comfortable and safe. George reach over to the nightstand where Olivia had placed her book and grabbed it, "What's this?" he asked.

"Oh, erm- it's a book of fables, my dad used to read it to me when I couldn't sleep. We lost it when we moved here, but I found it earlier when I was packing for school." She looked at him and saw the confused expression on his face, "I guess with everything going on... I don't know, it reminds me of a simpler time."

"Oh, that wonderful, I mean I'm glad you have an escape of sorts, maybe one day I can help to be apart of that escape..."

"You already do George, you're my best friend, I just hope that I can do that for you too, I know you have Fred and all, but you can always talk to me or not talk if that's what you need."

George looked into her eyes for a moment, in a way she hadn't seen him look at anyone before, a way she couldn't really describe. His eyes melted with a smile and he kissed her, slowly, his hand gently supporting her neck. 

He pulled away after what felt like minutes, Olivia's lips followed for a moment. He turned back to the book and opened It to the front page and started reading to her in his deep, raspy voice. His voice grew slower and slower as he continued to read, them both growing more and more tired, until they both drifted off.

 It was yet another night of the amazing and satisfying sleep, one which they would both need before the excitement of tomorrow.