Part 12 - The River Shall Run Its Course, Let the Boat be Carried Where it Will.

Ah . . . what is more fun than tormenting my darling readers? Your reactions to the cliff hanger were precious and will fuel me for days!

But this cliff hanger has an answer, so, please, continue your reading. I look forward to any and all comments! I hope you enjoy the next chapter! This chapter was a bit of a pain to write-- it was like trying to pass a kidney stone or something. I've been having a bit of the run-of-the-mill writer's block, so I guess the struggle shouldn't be a surprise.

I also found it amusing that my chapter title nearly didn't fit, with the 80 character limit and all. I shortened it to a reasonable length.

Image link:  https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e8/95/ad/e895adbf93d663968600b2c28b1b0fce.jpg

~ Nezumi

The River Shall Run Its Course, Let the Boat be Carried Where it Will.

I had come to my conclusion about my opinion on Nezu the principal:  he is not such a mild creature, like an animal-- he is a demon from hell deep under and that's where he ought to burn.

Now. Strong as an opinion that may be, I didn't think so without warrant. The folder of information on his tests was informative, to say the least. Nezu had created an entirely separate packet where he headlines the question he was discussing and then when into a computer- typed dissertation on it. The commentary got very, very lengthy.

That wasn't what had me so chagrined, though. No, it was the fact he placed the grade for each packet randomly in his discussions-- discussions written in 11 point font, Times New Roman.

He had written up a twenty-six-page packet, that nasty demon-spawn.

I had to read through the entire thing before I figured out what the grade was for each packet and then it wasn't until the twentieth page that I figured out whether I had actually passed and would be allowed to attend UA or not.

I did pass-- yippy-- but the levity of the moment was shattered by the exhaustion I was feeling at that point. Nezu's way of going about it was ridiculous. Why couldn't he have just put the percentages on the front of each packet and whether I had passed or not somewhere obvious and in red ink?

A simple You passed! at the bottom of one of the pages would have sufficed.

But no, that's to easy for the esteemed principal of UA.

If it wasn't obvious in my lines of thought-- I am pretty ticked off about it.

I'm not sure if I and Nezu are going to be getting along.

"Glare at that paper anymore and you'll set it on fire, Stray," Hizashi jokes from where was sitting on the couch playing a game on his phone. The game made funny noises and was full of pink, blue, and candy-- I wasn't entirely sure what it's called.

Huffing, I set down the papers on the table, set on ignoring them for the rest of the day.

Letting the anger fall away I stand up from my position sat by the coffee table. I debated whether I should go and lie over Shouta's feet (as he was currently fast asleep in that supremely comfy (and supremely garish) sleeping bag), figure out what Hizashi was playing, or go monk-about outside and burn off some energy.

In the end, I decided that I had been cooped up too long. I was about to go stir crazy.

Actions decided, I made a bee-line for the door.

"Stray."

I turn about. Shouta's eyes are open and they look at me, alert despite the fact he was fast asleep moments ago.