Part 10 - A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

You know, sometimes I forget that I'm not alone in the fact I get panic/anxiety attacks. It seems though, that some people out there in the comment section can relate. So, to all the people out there who struggle with these attacks, just remember, you'll be ok, and you just got to keep breathing.

Image link:   https://img.wattpad.com/story_parts/994421322/images/164fdcd2cddd2cb6485210220216.jpg

By the way, do any of you all know the grammatically correct way of going about writing something like this?:

Izuku goes to U.A..

Izuku goes to U.A.

When I end the sentence, but the abbreviated word is shortened already with a period, do I need to add another period to specifically signify the end of the sentence? I have no answer to this question so I decided to ask you guys. What is correct? Sentence one or sentence two?

~ Nezumi

A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

This was the day. This was it. I'd be taking my first steps into U.A. and I would be doing it to start my path to education, one that I thought I'd never glimpse again. One that I thought I'd lost the day I lost my first home.

But looking at Shouta as he bustled about (more, he shuffled about-- bustling wasn't really his thing) getting his things together to leave for the school, I think, I might have found my second home.

He gives me food and drink.

A place to sleep.

Access to a bathroom.

Clothes [when I could be convinced(bribed) to give up my own ratty ones].

And, most importantly, care.

And that's what makes a home, right? Care?

So, I came to this simple conclusion.

The kind man is home.

And like any kid, after a long day out on the streets, running about, or doing things to pass the time, exhausting myself over the course of the day, I came home.

And home was waiting. Waiting with food fresh on a plate or a blanket fresh from the drier. Waiting with two cups of coffee and bandages to patch me up.

So, since my home has decided to move about, it was only right I follow. And much to my joy, this following was practically encouraged! Before, I had to wonder over Shouta's whereabouts when he left me in the quiet apartment; but now, to my utter joy, I had been given permission to tag along and get an education along the way!

"You ready, Stray?" Shouta asks, a key dangling from his hand and heading for the door, duffle bag over his shoulder.

"Yes," I confirm softly, standing and shuffling forward. I was clothed in the biggest hoodie I claimed ownership to. It fell more than a spoon's length path my fingertips and it fell all baggy around my body, leaving me certain I could fit another kid in the hoodie with me. It went nearly over my knees, and when the hood is pulled up I had no possibility of seeing anything.

But the way it dwarfed me made sense, I did steal it from Shouta. (In my defence, though, he left it laying on the couch unattended for more than five minutes).

"You have anything you want to bring?" Shouta asks, looking at me to see if I carried anything, but my hands hide away in my sleeves, shy of the daylight and people and reflecting my nerves.

"I ha-have nothing," I say simply. That is true. When you live on the street, you don't get attached to things. It wasn't practical, especially when you moved about the city as I had done. Sure, I had some useful items stashed away in some nooks and crannies of abandoned buildings and such, but they could be replaced and weren't all that special.