Fifty

-Hunger-

-one look and i can't catch my breath-

-two souls into one flesh-

Vena woke up the next morning in her mother's arms. She wished time could stop like this forever. She wished that she could stay in her bedroom forever. No war, no Death Eaters, no pain.

She doesn't know how long she laid there. She knew her brother was pretending to be asleep because his breathing was uneven. It seemed he wasn't in the mood to wake up just quite yet.

She stared at her canopy ceiling forever, imagining the Gryffindor beds. She never slept in them for long, and yet, she missed them more than ever.

Those beds that she only slept in for five hours was much more appealing than her king sized bed with silk sheets. She would rather sleep on a cot if it meant that she wouldn't have to sleep in this house.

She knew that she was just paranoid, especially after last night, but Vena could feel the Dark Lord's presence everywhere.

She couldn't escape him.

She doesn't know if she ever will.

She laid in bed and closed her eyes in a futile attempt to go back to sleep. She steadied her breathing, and feigned sleep until eventually her mother woke up, and carefully removed herself from the bed.

She felt her mother's cool lips on her forehead, before quietly leaving the room.

"You can wake up now," her brother said.

Grumbling, she turned on her left side to face her brother. "I need you to cover for me. Just for a few hours."

Draco shook his head. "No. No, I know what you're going to do. And I'm telling you no."

"I have to warn him, Draco."

"I can't believe you were even able to listen last night. I was sure you weren't processing anything," he said, rubbing a hand over his face.

Not putting weight on her left arm, Vena sat up. "I'm good at multitasking," she said cheekily.

Her brother was not amused. "What's even your plan?"

"It's a loose plan. Just cover for me, please."

"You're going to get yourself killed. I spent the whole year trying to make sure you wouldn't die, and last night your life was spared. And yet, you're begging for a death wish."

Vena stared at her brother, making sure her face was serious enough to get her point across. "Then I die tomorrow for making dumb decisions and helping the other side. Mother and father would be heartbroken and disappointed, and Aunt Bella will be happy knowing that someone as weak as me won't be tarnishing the Black family name. But for today, let me see Harry. Let me warn him of the ambush."

He threw a harsh glare at his sister, before sighing. "Two hours. I give you two hours, and then you have to reappear immediately. You need to be back in time to get ready for tonight."

Vena smiled, before ruffling her brother's hair. "Thank you, Draco."

A couple hours after noon, Vena disapparated from Malfoy Manor. She thought of Number 4 Privet Drive, and felt the tug in her stomach, alerting her of the change of location. She opened her eyes, and she understood when Harry had told her of the drab suburb.

She was honestly surprised she had made it without any splinches, because she never actually took her Apparition test. She also had been saying at the Manor, so she didn't have any time to practice.