Three

-Death With Dignity-

-and I long to be near you-

-but every road leads to an end-

A paper crane flew into the air, flying over the student's heads. Crabbe had used his slingshot to hit it, but the crane flew higher to avoid getting hit.

The classroom was filled with conversations and smiles, and for a moment, the Gryffindors and Slytherins weren't at each others throats. It was a nice change.

Vena sat next to Draco, while Blaise and Theo sat at the desk to the right of them. Crabbe and Goyle were behind the twins, and Pansy and Millicent Bulstrode sat in front.

"Why do you care, Draco? I thought you and Pansy were still together," Vena said, making an x in the corner of their tic-tac-toe game.

"I just don't understand why she hates me," Draco complained, making an o in the center.

"A lot of people hate you. I don't know why Stella is the one your most bothered about."

"It doesn't bother me! I'm just confused. She won't even talk to me," Draco whined, making an o on the upper right corner, stopping Vena from getting three in a row.

"Maybe if you were a nicer person she would actually want to talk to you," Vena said, rolling her eyes.

"I am nice to her!"

"You not insulting her is human decency, not being nice."

"That's the same thing."

"And this is why she won't talk to you."

"I don't like her."

"I never said you did."

"I mean, I could never like her. She's a Half-blood."

"Yeah, but, both of her parents are of Wizarding families. It's not like she's affiliated with Muggles," Vena reasoned.

"Play me back," Draco snapped, unable to support his argument.

Vena placed an x on the middle left, and sighed. She knew why Stella wouldn't talk to Draco, but she certainly wasn't going to tell him that it was because Stella had the biggest crush on him.

Stella McKinnon was in Ravenclaw, much like the rest of her family. All of the McKinnons were sorted into Ravenclaw, with the exception of Stella's Aunt, Marlene McKinnon.

Stella never actually met Marlene, as she died when Stella was only a baby, but Stella's father, Matthew, was Marlene's brother, and the two were extremely close.

Stella's father ended up moving to the United States when the first wizarding war had started, not wanting to join the fight. Stella's mother, ended up dying in childbirth, so her father had honored is late wife and gave their child her name. He also honored his sister, who was fighting in the war along with the Order of the Phoenix. Thus, her name was Stella Marlene McKinnon.

When the Dark Lord had killed his whole family, Matthew decided to come back to the UK.

The two didn't have much in common. Stella was nice to everybody, and arguably the most popular girl in her year. She was friendly and sweet, while Vena was quiet and reserved. Vena didn't feel the need to talk to anyone unless she felt like it, while Stella wanted to be friends with everyone.

The two became friends first year, when they sat next to each other in Charms. They continued to sit next to each other every year, without fail.

From first through third year, Stella didn't talk to Draco. She told Vena how he was a bully, and she didn't want to give him the time of day.