Fifteen

-Swimming In The Moonlight-

-in a time when nothing's right-

-your way shines a light-

Vena has barely worked with Snape on her Legilimency. Despite him telling her that she was ready, she had no other lessons with him besides the one with Harry.

She wondered if her mother had threatened Snape to allow her to learn the subject. Although, Snape doesn't seem like the type to be threatened.

Nonetheless, Vena decided to take matters in her own hands. She wasn't going to go to Snape though, don't get her wrong.

If she asked Snape to give her more lessons he would probably stare her down until she retracted her statement. Instead, Vena decided to hit the books.

Luckily, books on Legilimency were not in the restricted section, so Vena had full access to everything she needed. Although, it would be hard to learn and master Legilimency when she had no one to practice on.

Perhaps that's why Snape hasn't given her any lessons. Snape had told her she was ready, but if she couldn't practice on Harry then she would have to practice on Snape. Which she had a feeling was something that he did not want to do.

Vena has a feeling that Snape has a lot of secrets that he wished to keep secret.

Vena doesn't blame him, though. Vena is a private person herself, and she hated it when Snape had to invade her mind. Luckily she was only twelve, and she hadn't had any inappropriate thoughts yet.

If Vena had been dating Theo and Snape would peer inside her mind, she doesn't think she'll ever be able to look the man in the eyes again. Vena is just happy that Harry's memories on her were pg. She would've been mortified if she looked inside his mind to see him having similar thoughts that Theo would have.

And Snape being the most private person she knows, she had a feeling that a fifteen year old girl invading his mind is the last thing he wants.

Still, Vena would've happily practiced on Theo. He seems like he would have a very open mind, in a sense that he would be very easy to fuck with. She wonders if Theo actually thinks before he talks. Most of the time she's not sure if he does.

Perhaps she would practice Legilimency on Theo during Defense Against the Dark Arts. It would occupy her time, a nice change from playing tic-tac-toe and talking about Stella with her brother.

Stella would probably voluntarily allow Vena to practice Legilimency her, so at least she has options. Although the thought of going inside her ex's mind is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Vena made sure to keep that in mind.

So, Vena had spent the past two hours in the library, going through book after book about Legilimency. She had most of the theory down, she just needs the repetitiveness of practice on another person.

All of the books had essentially the same information. How to imagine entering a person's mind, and shuffling through memories; what it's like to feel a person's emotions rather than your own.

Vena remembered the feeling though. She remembered how Harry had that indescribable feeling in his chest, something that neither him or her were able to figure out.

She remembered how he felt when he saw her in the courtyard during fourth year; when Professor Moody turned Draco into a ferret.

She thought of that warm feeling in his chest, and the way he smiled.