Getting a loan

Hey! Real quick thanks so much for picking up by book this is the first time I've really tried writing a Twice x Reader book to please forgive me for any mistakes I may make.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in the preview but this is a male reader, so sorry if that's not your cup of tea. 

And before you say anything yes I'm an Arsenal fan that's why I chose Arsenal to be the parent club although feel free to change it to any club you support as it shouldn't have much impact on the story itself. It's just kind of a starting point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Auba!"

You shouts trying to get your Captain's attention. Currently the team was having an 11v11 practice match and very luckily for you, you were able to have one of the best finishers in the league on your practice team.

Seeing Auba make a run, you takes the opportunity to slot a nicely weighted pass through the opposing defenders landing right at his feet, the captain takes an extra touch and curls it towards the far post...

*BANG*

Right off the post...

And with that the coaches blew their whistles signaling the end of the game and the end of training earning cheers from some players and groans from the others, all that was left was the cooldown to prevent injuries and soreness tomorrow

You popped to the floor, defeated that Aubameyang couldn't score in the last kick of the game. He looks over to see his captain coming over to talk to him with a big smile on his face. Auba offers a hand, which you gladly accept, helping you up off the ground.

"I'm sorry my friend" he laughed "It was a good pass though? eh?" 

"How are you going to miss that?" You joked back "You won the golden boot didn't you?" 

"Hey! I'm older now, you can't expect me to do everything, that's where all you kids come in." He responds giving you a 'light' slap on the back

It was all jokes between the two but there might have been a twinge of salt in the air having been unable to get the game winning assist, even if it was training a win was a win to you.

The two of them joined up with the rest of the players and continues with the ending of practice, there was even a meeting to discuss the team selection for the next match against Newcastle. 

Led by their new(ish) manager Mikel Arteta, he read off the starting XI which included the usual suspects, and a relatively strong bench. Rather questionably though you were left out of the squad entirely, despite playing well in the FA cup and Europa League, you would have to wait another week to get your Premier League debut.

As Arteta concludes the meeting you glance around to your teammates to possibly offer an explanation to your omission from the squad, some offered condolence stares while most either shrugged their shoulders or ignored you entirely.