10 - Sleepover

"No no, I promise I'll be alright here." 

"Yes I know it's my first big injury but the club is treating me well here so I don't need to return to England." 

"I understand, I'll keep you updated with everything. Thanks Mikel I'll speak with your soon."

You hung up the phone and leaned back into your pillow with a sigh. You put your phone back onto the side table and try to close your eyes to reduce any tension you have pent up.

"Did everything go well?" Dr. Kim asks looking up from your results.

"Yeah they were just talking about recalling me from loan to get treatment." You groaned.

"And are you going to do that?" Dr. Kim sounded a bit unnerved upon hearing what Arsenal were planning.

"No, I told them I was enjoying it here and that I would be staying in Korea for the rest of the loan." You reassured him.

"Oh what a relief." Dr. Kim smiled. "All your test look good, you should be released tonight and we'll expect you back at the club in two weeks for some physically therapy and you should be back in full training the week after."

Dr. Kim shut the folder and approached your bedside. "Everything will be alright, you'll be back before you know it so try not to worry okay?" 

"Don't worry I trust you doc." You smiled. "Besides, I'll only need a knee brace so I can do most of my own things."

"Well said, (Y/N). I'll leave you to yourself for now, make sure you let me know when they discharge you alright?" Dr. Kim asks as he makes his way towards the door.

"Sir yes sir." You saluted as he walked out of the room.

As soon as Dr. Kim leave the room he pulls out his phone and dials a number. He waited a few seconds before the person picked up, Dr. Kim couldn't help but smile when he heard to voice on the other line.

"Dad? Why the sudden call is everything okay?"

"No no, everything is fine I just wanted to see if you had time to grab some lunch. I had some free time and wanted to see you." Dr. Kim 

"Of course I have time for you dad, just let me know when and where!"

"I can meet you at 'XX' Café in about 30 minutes?"

"Perfect see you there!" 

Dr. Kim smiled at his phone as he put his phone away before heading out of the hospital and promptly making his way towards the café he designated. It didn't take long before he found himself sat at a small table in the corner of the restaurant, looking at the menu and patiently waiting for his daughter to arrive.

The chime of a bell brought Dr. Kim away from the menu, looking up to the source of the noise, the doctor was welcomed by the sight of a slim figured girl wearing a mask, cap and some circle rim glasses.