~34~ Frizzy Hair

Ellie's POV

The next morning Taylor and I don't say anything to Emma about the tree incident. We honestly haven't even decided what we're doing. She looks at us, and then gives us a hug goodbye.

"Josie, stop. You look fine" Mason says in a hurry, trying to shuffle the kids out the door.

"No I don't" she says, on the verge of crying. Josie still isn't a 'talker' but she's talking much more than she used to.

"What's wrong?" I ask, going up to her and giving her a hug. I can tell she is having a rough morning.

"I ran out of my shampoo and now my hair is horrible. I can't get it to calm down" she says, shaking her head in disgust.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to pick it up the other day. I promise I'll buy it tonight" Mason says, kissing her head.

Sasha comes into the kitchen with Drew, trying to hurry to get to her first class.

"Mom, I'm running so late. Did I leave my APS book down here?" She asks, searching the room.

"Counter" I say, pointing over my shoulder.

"Yes!!!" She shrieks, doing a little dance. She kisses me and Taylor, kisses Mason, and leaves with Drew quickly. She's running him over to Liam and Nora's today.

Josie goes to the sink, wetting her hair, and trying to calm her curls. She sees herself in her reflection in the microwave, and sighs in disgust.

"Can I please stay home today? PLEASE?" My hair is huge"

"No, Jos. Come on, we've got to go"

"Mason!" She whines.

"Josie, your hair looks fine" Taylor says, coming up to her and squeezing her shoulder. She's finally starting be ok around Taylor. Taylor seriously adores her. He's waiting for the day for her to start bonding with him.

"Quit lying to her. She looks like a huge frizz-ball and you all know it" Dylan hisses.

"Dylan Matthew!" Mason yells in horror.

Josie's eyes fill with tears. "I told you. Please can I just stay home?" She begs.

"Jocelyn, you're not staying home because you're having a bad hair day. You look beautiful. Dylan is just being a little punk" Mason says, glaring at Dylan.

Josie sniffs and wipes her eye.

"Josie, can I try and do something with your hair?" I ask her with a gentle smile.

She shrugs and looks at the ground. She's desperate.

I take her over to the sink and wet her hair down a little. Then I get a hair tie out of my purse and put her hair in a ponytail. I poof the top just enough that it balances out the crazy of her ponytail. Then I wet it down a little more.

"How much time did we have?" I ask Mason.

"No time" he says, stressed.

"Ten minutes you said? Fantastic" I say as I rush upstairs to my room.

I hear Taylor chuckling and Mason sighing behind me.

I come down and heat up my curling iron. Mason is literally pacing. He hates being late.

I hurry and use my curling iron to straighten out the frizz and turn the ends of the ponytail into beautiful, smooth curls. Then I hairspray her hair really quick.

"You're beautiful, my girl" I say kissing her cheek.

She runs into the bathroom to check her hair out. When she comes back out, she's smiling huge.