*** #Capitol

TW // Talks of death, violence, and blood

January 6, 2021

This has been the worst start to 2021 ever.

I've never seen this much hypocrisy in my entire life. I've never been more disgusted to be part of a country where half of the people in it, have their morals fucked up. My heart is in pain because this just shows you how many people still don't believe in kindness and in respect.

For those of you who don't know, but should, Donald Trump has still been whining about the elections. But, the results have still shown that Biden won the elections. He, in his stupidity, advised his people to "protest" because the elections had been rigged. And they did. Trump supporters "protested" in front of the U.S. Capitol, and broke into it collectively. They rioted the place; destroyed government property, fought cops, took photos of confidential papers, etc.

NO ONE GOT ARRESTED.

And, yes, a woman died during the protest. I'm not saying she isn't important and I actually feel terrible that this lead to her dying. It's not fair, and my condolences go to her family and anyone who knew her.

But here is my issue.

Black Lives Matter protested for equality and acceptance, freedom, the eradication of white supremacy. We did it peacefully, maintained our distance and did it with respect and hope. Still, kneeling was called unpatriotic. We were all called THUGS for trying to protest against these injustices. Protesters were shot and killed, many went to the hospital bleeding, and lost their eyes from rubber bullets. They were tear gassed and the police were practically running them over. All this for a good cause.

But somehow, this isn't the same. Right?

These people at the Capitol, have no idea how privileged they are to even be alive. They went through four - FOUR - layers of security. They are armed, fighting cops and looting extremely important government facilities without a care in the world. BLM protesters couldn't sit on the floor without being shot at and these people entered an whole ass government facility unharmed. They are not afraid of the cops because they know they are not going to get arrested. Cops are their friends. They know they're not going to be shot at and killed. And they haven't been. In fact, many of them are claiming to have been escorted or ushered out with batons, pushed and shoved. Many of then are taking selfies with cops! Are you fucking kidding me? The issue is very fucking clear to me. This is terrorism and if you're still saying white privilege isn't real, YOU ARE WRONG. WRONG!

Imagine having to die for a man that does not care about you, that truly only cares about his wealth. These people have their priorities all wrong and twisted - Let's not forget when they protested last year because they didn't want to wear masks or be quarantined. They're looting and fighting because once Trump leaves, there won't be anyone to pat them on the back for their racism. No one to fuel white supremacy or hatred toward POC. There won't be anyone they can relate to.

I literally cannot process this. I don't know if any of this makes sense anymore. The United States is going to shit and I could not be more embarrassed to be American. To be in a place where the last four years was run by a terrorist leader, by a cult leader, a fraud. The systematic hatred that has been rooted in has finally decided to show its full face and it's scary. I hate it.

Things are getting rough out here and more places are being targeted around the world. Please, anybody near these places, stay safe. Respect the curfews. Do not come out of your homes.

I'm sending love and hope to you.
Treat people with kindness❤