Oh Shit... You're Reese Nygma

[No Man's Land - Day 87.2]

The sun had set in for the day, and Will was very exhausted. We were in Zsasz territory, meaning we had to be careful. Maybe he wouldn't do any harm to us, considering he and I never had beef, but if he was kind of off the rails... the people around him also had to be.

We have to find a place to stay the night, I bit the inside of my lip, glancing around the empty street.

"Hello!" I froze in my place upon hearing the loud familiar voice coming from behind us. My eyes shut closed, and I turned around to face Zsasz. He was wearing his trademark big, charismatic smile... the one he wore when he was about to make trouble "Reese Nygma." He enunciated, my last name being emphasized for dramatic effect. He then grinned wider before whistling, "I haven't seen you in a long time... How have you been? Heard you blew up the bridges, bold move."

"I've been fine." I frowned, squeezing Will's hand a bit tighter to reassure him. "You?"

The ivory-skinned man smacked his lips. "You know, I've actually been great." His eyes then fell on the scared boy beside me, and genuine shock overcame him. "Has it really been that long? You have a kid now?"

"No. He's not mine." I replied with wide eyes but placed a hand over the boy's shoulder.

Zsasz cocked his head, looking impressed, "Did you steal him? That is also a bold move."

I gaped in disbelief. "I'm offended."

He raised an eyebrow, perplexed. "What else am I supposed to think?"

"Um, that I found him, and he needs help."

"Oh, right... that."

I pursed my lips, thinking that us having a good conversation could be used to my advantage "Zsasz, you and I don't have any problems, do we?"

He frowned, pondering, "Not that I know of?" Then he narrowed his eyes in an accusatory way and stepped toward me. Instinctively, Will was shoved behind me. "Did Penguin send you? And why is this about Sofia Falcone?"

"No. No, no, no." My hand was held out, making him pause in his tracks. Zsasz was giving a look, demanding me to explain myself or he'd shoot me - Well, I took it that way. "I'm asking because I wanted permission to stay the night here in your territory. I really need shelter."

He hummed, "What do I... get in return?"

"Appreciation?"

"Cute." He grinned before letting his face fall, and a gun was raised. "I'll pass."

I gasped. "Fine, Zsasz, wait!" The man waited for me to say something. Honestly, there is literally no reason for him to point a gun at me. He's just having his twisted fun. Probably wants to steal my things, too. "I have a gun... with live ammo."

He contemplated, "I'm kind of listening."

"I mean, people are literally dying to own a gun... and I'm gifting mine to you."

"Gun and ammo, for shelter." His eyes squinted, and I truly hoped he would say yes and let us go. He looked between Will and me before sighing very loudly, disappointed. "Fine... I'll kill someone else."

"Thank you."

He beamed, "No problemo. Gun on the floor." I rolled my eyes and placed the weapon on the ground; he wanted to make sure I wasn't going to attack him. He strolled toward it and picked it up. "I haven't killed anyone in days, so if I were you, I'd be running."

"Don't tell me twice." A final wave was sent in Zsasz's direction before turning away, taking Will's hand, and leaving down the road. "Hurry."

"Who was that?" The boy whispered as we went into the millionth alley that day.