Secrets | Oda Sakunosuke

A.N: Back from holiday break and back to writing one-shots! This isnt the best as I began this before break, so if there are inconsistencies I apologize. Hope you enjoy regardless!
-Hachi

Your eyes fluttered open then fell closed again, your long lashes filtering the bright light of the room

Your eyes fluttered open then fell closed again, your long lashes filtering the bright light of the room. Rolling over, you were met with the familiar shape of your lover. His longer copper locks stood out like a drop of blood in snow as he snored quietly, wrapped in your white sheets.

It had been a while since you woke up next to the man, his type of work usually had him out the door before you rose. When the two of you met, he worked at an office building, which wasn’t an odd thing to state, however, the occasional bloodstains on his dress shirts and the cryptic notes you pulled out of his coats on laundry days began to make his line of work appear much more threatening than he bargained to tell you.

You lost your train of thought as you felt his arms snake around your sides pulling you into him. “[Y/N]..” he grumbled, pressing his face into your shoulder, peppering the exposed skin with light kisses. “What time is it?” he managed to get out between pecks. Rolling over he unlocked his phone, wincing at the bright light, his eyelids met, only to spring back open as the time, 10:47 AM stared back at him. He shot up, throwing the sheets over you, rushing out of bed. “Saku!” you called out as he disappeared into your shared bathroom. “ Don't scare people like that..'' you trailed off, sitting up and smoothing the wrinkles out beside you. It was a force of habit, the folds on the bed were sometimes the only thing that reminded you the man had been there the night before. He never slept in, and he was hardly ever late either. You wondered if something was wrong; more specifically, if he had secrets.

After all, you had your own.

You were an informant, previously taking more serious jobs for the Armed Detective Agency, you stepped down after meeting Oda, choosing to do freelancing work from home. You were given simple odd jobs every once in a while, being sent out to gain intel and report back to the office before continuing with your regular activities for the day. You didn't want to put him in the way of any danger as you weren't part of a well-liked group, but it seemed like he had gotten himself into some trouble of his own. You never considered using your informant skills on the man, he was your partner at the end of the day and you trusted him. But with the way things were going, it was best for both of you. In the case he was part of an organization as you suspected, you could forget about protecting him, one less thing to hide from each other.

“[Y/N]!” he called, interrupting your thought once again. He was scrambling to dress, turning as he messily buttoned up his usual dark undershirt. “I don’t have much time on my hands. Do you think you could visit the kids for lunch today?” You furrowed your eyebrows before relaxing your face again. He had meant the orphans who stayed at the curry place. Oda had made it his duty to visit them, spending most of his time between there and the bar. You looked up at him, forgetting to respond, shaking away any confusion that took over you. You had to figure it out soon, whether he was putting himself in danger that is. It was becoming very distracting as the days went on.
"Is there something wrong [Y/N]?" "Hm?" you responded too quickly, giving him a convincing smile. "I'm fine, just a little tired is all." He huffed, focusing his attention back on getting to his business on time. "If anything is bothering you, please let me know." And with that, he slipped out the door, taking in the streets of Yokohama with open arms.