Cold | Akutagawa Ryunosuke

A.N: A oneshot of our favorite traumatized subordinate, Akutagawa Ryunosuke. Heartless with a lack of eyebrows, how appealing! Hope you enjoy the story!
-Hanahaki

 Heartless with a lack of eyebrows, how appealing! Hope you enjoy the story!-Hanahaki

Themes:
[Brief Power Struggle]

You felt you were being watched, darkness scrutinizing your every move. The hungry eyes bore holes in your frame, gracing over your body, picking apart your actions with an almost malicious intention. But those eyes we're on your team. The hollow pits, imploring to be called anything else, belonged to your mission partner, the Port Mafia's loyal guard dog, Akutagawa Ryunosuke.

Being that it was your first month working with the group, Mori-san had elected none other than the pessimistic mafioso to accompany you on most of your tasks. Quite a sadistic move, the man wanted to test your strength, and he sure was testing your patience along with it. You tried your best to appease your raven-haired colleague, though never seeming to warm up to you. He started stoic and soon enough, began aggressively responding to all friendly gestures towards him. He was a strange partner to have, everyone at base enjoyed your presence, you were well-liked; even your fearless leader Mori growing an affinity with you. However, Akutagawa wouldn't budge which truly bothered you less as time progressed. You were a skilled socialite and had a real knack for snaking your way into people's good graces. You were perseverant and vengeful.

You were going to get on Akutagawa Ryunosuke's good side; even if it was out of spite.

A young lady working in the shadows, getting your hands dirty for some of the most powerful people in the city; it would have been a real shame if you weren't charming. Beauty didn't take you very far in this line of work, if anything it made you stick out like a sore thumb, which was perfect for this kind of mission. This would have been your first task alone but Mori had decided to assign Akutagawa to accompany you on this mission as well, the fourth collaborative job with the man this week. His reasons were simple: the two of you fit the image of this scene well, where he usually stood out during day jobs, he would blend in perfectly in a crowd shrouded in darkness.

You sat loosely at a bar seat, lightly being shoved around by the men on either side of you. Your [H/C] locks flowed gracefully on your exposed back and your tastefully fitted black dress left little to the imagination. It was a strangely appealing pick, considering Mori was more accustomed to the frills and bows he often dressed Elise in. Maybe I should let the old man pick out more of these mission outfits, you thought to yourself, becoming lost in thought.

You felt the gaze on you grow stronger, an uneasy feeling settling in your stomach. It wasn't the stares belonging to your accomplice, you had gotten used to those, at least they couldn't be.

The man stood casually, leaning against a wall, threatening to phase into it with the way he was standing so loosely. He wouldn't be caught dead without his signature black coat, although he didn't pair his usual crimped dress shirt with it. He was wearing a black turtleneck that highlighted his slimmer frame, and you scoffed knowing it was most likely Mori's choosing. Under the warmer bar lighting, his pale skin looked rather luminescent and his black hair shined, the white tips almost translucent, framing the sides of his face. He looked, kind of handsome. An untraditional kind of attractive and your eyes wandered observing him once again. You met his harsh gaze and it shook you back to reality. He was your colleague and you were on a mission. You wrinkled your face at him, giving a dirty look before focusing your attention back on the matter at hand.