Chapter 17

"I want you to train me to use One for All, especially since Gran Torino can't." Midoriya's words rang through like a gong.

"I don't have a teaching..."

"A teaching license, I know. But Gran Torino told me that it would be best if you trained me because of how much you struggled to control your own quirk. Plus, apparently, you can reverse any injuries I might get from training." The boy mumbled the last part. His freckles a bright hot pink as he bashfully interrupted me.

"He told you I could do that?" I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms as he nodded. I let out an annoyed sigh, "I don't use it often because it drains me the most. It's pretty much Recovery Girl's quirk. I've had it since I was fifteen. But why she let me have it isn't that important."

"It's because she was afraid that one day you would be in a situation like All Might's, and she didn't want to worry about you not being able to heal." I am going to kill Gran Torino because of his big mouth.

"Is there anything else the old man mentioned to you before I continue to tell you no to training you?"

"No, not really. He said that I would have to pester until you said yes. And to tell you that you were the same way as me in high school, so it's only karma that I am in your life now." He let out a breathy nervous chuckle while shifting between feet and scratching his head.

My mouth was left slightly agape, "I was not! I can't believe he said that! I was a very responsible kid." I folded my arms and started mindlessly tapping my foot.

"You know your reaction doesn't help you, Ms. Montoya..."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I am not training you. I already told All Might that I wasn't going to, and Gran Torino can't think I am going to change my mind because he said so." I turned my nose up, trying to stand my ground.

"Is that a bruise on your neck?" I opened my eyes and realized that Aizawa's capture weapon fell a little from where it covered my hickey.

I quickly went to cover it, "Nope. It's a burn from using my curling iron when I was getting ready for my date."

"Date? With who? Mr. Aizawa?" Midoriya gave a little mischievous smirk and crossed his arms in a cocky manner. This was a different light this child normally stood in.

"No, not Mr. Aizawa." I glared.

"Could've fooled me. You guys seemed really close earlier." His smirk grew once he thought of an idea. "If you train me, no one will know about your 'burn,' and I will never bring up your date to the class."

"You're not going to sucker me into training you by blackmailing."

"Okay, then I'll tell the class about your hickey and have Mina pester you about it when you get back on campus." He shrugged and gave off an innocent smile. This brat is evil. "And on a final note, my mom trusts you a lot, so who better person to have train me than someone my mom knows won't have me in danger?"

I can't believe I am going to let this boy blackmail me... I sighed and gave him a playful shrug while making a mental note not to underestimate the kid. "Fine, I'll do it if it means that it keeps your mom sane. BUT you have to do as I say, and we train before or after school hours on campus, so no one finds out that you are getting extra help from me. I can't risk getting in trouble training All Might's successor."

The boy gave me a gleeful grin with excitement in his eyes, "Thank you!"

He went for a hug, and I simply patted his soft forestry hair, still slightly annoyed, "Yeah, yeah, you're welcome. For a nice kid, you can sure be evil if you want to be."