Chapter 20

As I looked through the exam replays while making notes about how Aizawa should tackle their training during the camp, a small cup of coffee was placed to my left, with red painted nails over the lid. I look over my shoulder to meet with a ruby red grin.

"I figured since it's a little chilly in here, I would get you something different from your usual. Mic and Aizawa mentioned you liked hot white chocolate mochas with vanilla sweet foam and cocoa powder. Said it tasted like tiramisu cake to you." She gave a small shrug while I reached over for the drink.

"Why the treat giving all of a sudden?" I took a sip, and my lips were immediately met with the toasted coffee-flavored sweetness. I hummed a little in delight.

"You haven't gotten up from your desk nor stopped looking at your screen for a good two hours. I figured you needed a small something to break you away."

"Oh... thanks. I just wanted to review everything from the exams and make sure I got all of this to Aizawa before he takes the kids to the camp."

"You're not going?"

"Vlad and Aizawa mentioned it was best that the least amount of people knew the location of the training camp to make sure students were safe. To be fair, I would like a little break. Sometime in the week, I am expecting a video conference about my license status this upcoming Monday. I got an email about it earlier."

"Well, that's good to hear. It's been months. They should've been giving you an update sooner." Kayama sneered in disapproval.

"Yeah... so I kind of need a break from the students for at least a day." I looked over to Kayama, who looked a little worried. "I promise I won't be worrying too much about it. Or overwork myself trying to get this stuff done."

"That's not what I am worried about. Isn't Gemini supposed to be in the meeting since he's in charge of the agency you were working with?" She bit her cheek nervously, bringing up Gemini.

I sighed, "I'm trying not to think about it right now. I just want to think about the fact that I am one meeting closer to having my suspension lifted."

"I just don't want him to humiliate you or do something that will prevent your suspension from ending, that's all. He was already harassing you despite it being against the court's ruling." She rubbed my back comfortingly.

"And I changed my number to get it to stop, so it's fine. I can handle it." I gave her a smile.

"Oh, okay, but just know if anything happens, I'm always here for you. You can always just stay here and continue working in Japan." She rubbed my shoulder and made her way out of the office. "I'll be with Snipe. If you need anything, text me." She winked and sauntered off.

I continued typing out my worksheet for a little longer until my eyes grew tired and strained. I switched from my earbuds to Mic's headphones so I wouldn't get any interruptions. Clearly, someone didn't get the memo when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I swiveled around in my chair to see Aizawa and Vlad hovering over me. I took Mic's headphones off slowly as I looked at them in confusion, "Yes?"

"We decided that it would be a good idea to have you help us train the students in the training camp," Aizawa spoke up with his files in hand and a bored expression.

"That is if you want to come," Vlad added with an apologetic smile.

I blinked and looked between the two. "You decided without talking to me?"

"We're talking right now." Aizawa pointed.

I pushed my glasses up my nose and sighed, "I meant that you should've given me a heads up. First, I was sitting for hours making a whole report about tackling the students' training. If it was in question for me to come, I wouldn't have been wasting my time. Plus, you both need to know whether I am free enough to even go in the first place."