Chapter 12

I was rushing through my duffle bag to find any non-work-related clothes to go out with Vlad. I already had my tablet and purse set aside and waiting. I decided to go with a tank top and cardigan with skinny jeans and white tennis shoes. I left my hair in a bun and smoothed down my flyaways. Once I was done getting ready, I grabbed my tablet and purse and rushed my way out of Aizawa's office. Speaking of Aizawa, I walked into the living room to see him napping in his sleeping bag rather than on the couch with the numerous blankets I brought over from my place. I shook my head, not really in shock or anything, more just towards his silliness. I went around the apartment and cleaned up a little while waiting for Vlad. I was in the kitchen doing dishes when I heard the doorbell chime. I immediately went to grab the door when Aizawa beat me to it.

"Hey, Vlad." Aizawa flatly said. He looked annoyed; maybe it was because his nap was interrupted.

"Hello, Aizawa, is Mai ready yet?" Vlad tried to look over him while I grabbed my stuff and got ready to leave.

I pushed past Aizawa, "Yes, I am. Hi, Vlad." I smiled at him and gave him a once over, "You look nice." He was wearing jeans, and a blue button-up with the sleeves rolled up.

"Thank you. You do too." He returned my smile while reaching for my arm to start leaving.

"Ahem." Aizawa halted us. "What time are you coming home?" There's the word again. Home. Did he have to use that word? He could've just said, 'When are you coming back?' but no, he said, home. And of course, it gave me a tinge in my heart.

"Um, it depends on how much work we have to do. I'll make sure to text you if I'm out late." I gave him a light pat on his shoulder, "But in case you need anything, don't hesitate to call me, and I'll come to your rescue." I gave him a small wink and then made my way out. I just heard a grumble in response.

I gave all my attention to Vlad once we started to walk to the cafe Vlad had in mine for us to go and work.

"Aizawa was okay with you going out with him recovering?" Vlad asked while motioning to grab my bag for me.

I pushed his hand away and shook my head, "I think he was happy to not have me nagging him for the day."

"How has it been for you guys living together?"

"It's alright. Sometimes we're at each other's head and other times we're pretty chill. Sometimes he takes naps while I'm doing work stuff. Or sometimes we're both grading the students' assignments together. So it really just depends on the day." I shrugged.

Vlad stayed silent and gave me a slow nod as he listened, "How did the session with Bakugo today go?"

"Oh, I say it went pretty well." I stared at my feet while walking before looking up at Vlad giving him a proud smile. "He asked for another session."

Vlad wrapped an arm around me, "I'm glad to hear that the great Counselor Montoya broke through Katsuki Bakugo."

"Yeah, well, I feel like I needed that little pep talk you gave me so thank you for that."

"Anytime, shortie." He gave me a small squeeze while holding me. It felt a little awkward to have his large frame lean over my smaller one, but it still felt nice. I couldn't help but lean back into his side while holding his hand over my shoulder. It was peaceful. Something I kind of needed for the past few months. Heck, just these past weeks I needed some peace.

We stayed walking like this for the rest of the way to the coffee shop. Once we got there, I went straight to finding a booth while Vlad ordered our drinks and food. For the rest of the night, it was filled with work, but also some casual conversations about random topics. It was a breath of fresh air, but it still felt all familiar.