Inked (S.R)

A/N: Top image is the vibe of the tattoo I imagined. I'm only on season 8 of CM so I know NOTHING about post prison Spencer so I'm sorry if this is all wrong. Also I LOVED the idea of Spencer with a tattoo, and spent a week writing this so please be gentle. :)

Word Count: 1.5K

Summary: Spencer comes home with a tattoo, and a lot to say.

Warnings: None? Maybe Cussing?

-----------

You knew Spencer was different after he got out of jail. He adjusted well and no one would ever think he had the trauma that he went through. But you knew. You saw him become more fearless and confident, standing up for himself more often and even getting angrier than usual. None of this was a bad thing. You considered this character growth, and you knew Spencer was handling everything in a healthy way. After all, you had been with him through everything.

Of course him being in jail was probably the worst part of your life thus far, but this was never about you. You healed the moment he came home. Prison Spencer was interesting. He acted brave but you knew he was scared. You also realized you were hopelessly in love with him, something you would never admit...until he did. Your house was the first stop he made after being released. He confessed his love for you, and that despite everything that happened to him, he wouldn't be able to survive without you.

Since then you've spent every second together. Keeping it professional at work of course. You were training under Garcia so there wasn't much time outside of the bat cave anyways. Work was normal, Spencer was solving puzzles, reading books, spewing facts, and maintaining his reputation as resident genius. You were typing at the speed of light, hacking into government files, and finding out all the horrific things about ever unsub you came across. The team never really suspected a thing, though they did tease you every now and again because of how you would "flirt" with Spencer. In their eyes, he was just the Morgan to your Garcia.

Home Spencer was different though. Home Spencer was relaxed, goofy, and care free. You and Spencer moved in together within months of dating. Anyone else would think you're crazy but it just felt right. Since then you spent nights binge watching doctor who, cooking each other's favorite meals, and sharing hobbies. You had felt so lonely before, holed up in your studio apartment, which you never really had time to decorate. Now you and Spencer shared a nice flat, full of books, records, and nerdy art you two liked to create sometimes.

There was a lot about Spencer that people wouldn't know. Sure he shared his favorite books with you, which is a very extensive list that may take you a lifetime to get through. But he also knew how to sew, and was rather fond of stitching little embroidery patterns on your clothes. He even put a little "S" on the sleeve of your fbi jacket that no one would notice but you. You two had even tried to knit a blanket together last winter, failed miserably, but still displayed the dingey, frayed piece of cloth on the sofa. You were proud of anything you made together.

You loved to share your favorite music with him. It was no surprise that outside of work you were a bit more "alt" than most would expect. Your hair stayed dyed black, with a few strands of color, now usually purple because that was spencer's favorite. As long as you were at home, you would layer on a little extra eyeliner, and occasionally throw on your combat boots and wear more revealing clothing to show off your tattoos. You would constantly play records, bands upon bands that you loved to listen to, and shockingly Spencer enjoyed too. You knew he was attracted to your dark style, as you often found him tracing over your tattoos while laying in bed together, and getting more flustered when you wore your combat boots.

Most people assume Spencer just listens to classical music, and while that is true, he didn't mind your music either. He wasn't fond of anything that screamed, so leaned towards classics that he already recognized from when he was in college like Green Day, and Linkin Park. Still, you were a little shocked to walk in on him humming American Idiot while cooking your dinner. You're sure he feels the same way whenever he notices one of his prized books missing from his shelf only to discover it on your side of the bed. You were the perfect mix of each others worlds, each taking a little bit of the other to be a better version of themselves.