Somebody To You (A.H)

a/n: I love doing song fics omg. Also my first Aaron Hotchner Fic. YAY

The song is called Someone To You by Banners

—————-

15 Minutes. It's been 15 minutes since Hotch had decided to enter the unsub's home. We all knew he had to be the one to do it, but something about it didn't feel right to you. With every minute that passed, you felt your stomach turn itself in knots, waiting to see what would happen next. Anxiety consumed you lungs, and you felt out of breath. Any friend would feel this way right?

I don't wanna die or fade away

I just wanna be someone

Everyone associated Hotch and Rossi as being the "parents" of the group. They were never really invited to hang out, granted Hotch had Jack to take care of, and Rossi was too busy finessing women, but you always felt bad about the separation between team members. You had made it a point since your first few weeks at the BAU to get under the unit chiefs skin.

At first he was annoyed. He would send you to do mundane tasks, and you were rarely put out in the field. Anyone else would have been offended, but you knew his game. He didn't want to cross that line between work authority and friendship. He didn't want to get too close. Being cold was easier than being vulnerable. 

Dive and disappear without a trace

I just wanna be someone

Well, doesn't everyone?

It wasn't until your 8th month with the BAU that you were able to get through to your superior. Hotch had decided to make a dangerous decision to infiltrate an unsubs therapy group. The set up was fake. You had a fake name and a fake story to go undercover with. The team had come up with a perfect script that would get through to the unsub. Until when you got there, you realized it wouldn't work. The unsub craved honesty, not pity. So instead, you told the truth.

You talked about how you have no family. How you grew up alone, and would probably die alone. You talked about your fear. The fear that no one would stay. Everything you said was so raw and real, that the unsub did exactly what he needed to do; Targeted you. You waited a whole week. The longest week of your life for him to strike. When he did, the team was able to take him down, and Hotch congratulated you for your quick thinking. Maybe his hand lingered on your back for too long. Maybe you were standing too close. But when you looked into his eyes you saw yourself, with the same commitment fears, and insecurities.

Thats when he changed.

And if you feel the great dividing

I wanna be the one you're guiding

'Cause I believe that you could lead the way

Now you've been with the BAU for three years, and you and Hotch had become more than close. He had admitted you were the only one he confided in because he didn't want to be unprofessional anywhere else. Of course you reassured him because everyone needs someone to talk to. This led to multiple nights together...not in that way no, but you often had late night conversations. Sometimes you would fall asleep on the couch together, but thats just what friends do. You loved spending time with Jack too. He was the most adorable child on the planet, you were sure. You often went on "adventures" together. You had become a reoccurring role in his life, and you couldn't imagine your life without him, or Aaron.

No one on the team really questioned anything, you were pretty sure they were just happy he wasn't holding everything in anymore. And that was the new normal. Now with him inside a building, negotiating with a serial killer, a lot of feelings started to bubble up.

Then you heard gunshots.

I just wanna be somebody to someone, oh

I wanna be somebody to someone, oh

I never had nobody and no road home

I wanna be somebody to someone

Home. Hotch. Jack.

The moment you heard those gunshots, your world began to crumble. You heard Morgan yelling at the swat team, and you began preparing to enter the home when the door opened.

There was Aaron. Holding his gun, and looking defeated. Defeated, but alive. You felt relieved, and yet empty. You had realized something in the most agonizing 15 minutes of your life.

You realized you loved him.

And if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold

You looked into his dark eyes as he began walking towards the team. You held eye contact while he made his way down the drive way. It was like the world had stopped and you had said everything you needed to say with your eyes.

Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall

When he made it over to the team he looked like he was in a trance while Morgan was trying to ask him what happened. He took off his kevlar without saying a word to anyone, and walked over to you.

I really need somebody to call my own

"Hotch, I-"

There was so much you needed to say, but he cut you off by pressing his lips against yours.

I wanna be somebody to someone

You melted into the kiss, and wrapped your arms around his shoulders. You could talk later. Most likely, you could talk for the rest of your lives. Somewhere along the line you became his. He became your family. Somehow, without even realizing it you had given each other a lifetime worth of security, and you knew that was something that wasn't going to just disappear.

So for now, you kiss. Even with all the eyes on you because you know this is needed. You know things will change now, but sometimes, change can be good.

Someone to you.