Prom Night (S.R)

A/N: This was a request I got back in July on Tumblr. All of these oneshots are from months ago so please try not to judge me too hard lol.

Summary: Our favorite Bau team holds a "prom" at Rossi's after the team discovers a majority of them missed out on the high school bash for various reasons. So what happens when reader "promposes" to Spencer? Find out...

———-

You sat comfortably snuggled in your chair on the Jet, ready for the four our flight back to Quantico when a certain Derek Morgan started to blab about his senior prom.

The case you had just come back from was a good one, a happy ending- or as happy stopping a school shooter from shooting up a small town's prom could get. Nevertheless, no one was harmed, and this was one of the few cases where the team had been able to save everybody. You had all stopped by the prom on your way to the airport, to see the laughing faces of all the innocent teens you had saved, without them even knowing. Hearts were light as you boarded the jet, and you expected to be able to relax for the trip.

"Our prom didn't look nothing like that when I was in High School." Morgan said. "People cared more about the after party than the actual event."

"I never went to my prom. I was too young." Spencer stated next.

Of course not, he was only 12 or 13 by the team he was a senior. "It's okay Spencer, I never went either." You said.

"Why didn't you go y/n?" Emily asked you. "You weren't a young prodigy like Doctor Reid here."

"Are you saying I'm not smart?" you teased. "No, I just didn't have many friends or a date, it seemed like a waste of time."

"I didn't go to mine either." JJ added, looking up from her files. "I was too busy competing for soccer."

"You guys are no fun." Emily said.

Thats when the idea sparked in your head. You put on your best smile, and plopped right down next to the senior of the group. You knew as the youngest member of the team, he had a soft spot for you, especially since you grew up without a dad.

"What do you want kid?" He asked. Damn profilers.

"I was thinking. I never had a prom, in fact, half of the group never had a prom, so, what if we had one of our own?"

"What does that have to do with me?" He said with a smirk.

"Why, you're the host with the most! It has everything to do with you." You feigned shock. "Please Rossi?"

He sat down the book he was reading. "On one condition."

"Anything." You agreed.

"You have to ask the kid to be your date." Shit.

Rossi knew of your slight (maybe more than slight) infatuation with the boy genuis.

Sighing, you agreed for the sake of the event.

—–

Rossi had told the team that the prom would be a traditional "cheesy high school prom" and that everyone should bring dates. He scheduled the event for Saturday night, which gave you about 5 days to figure out how to ask Spencer.

Go big or go home. If you had to ask Spencer out, you might as well make it memorable. You knew nowadays kids would "prompose" to their prom dates, usually with a sign, or gift basket. You just had to find something punderful enough for Spencer to agree to go with you.

He's a nerd, that shouldn't be too hard. You opened the Pinterest app on your phone and began searching for ideas. You remembered that Harry Potter were his favorite childrens books when he was a kid, so you found the perfect poster to make.