Chapter-13

Althea.

Dec 2011(same day)

"Ready Muñeca?" Aaron asks with his arm around me. Was I ready to face my friends and family as Aaron's girlfriend? Yes. Definitely yes. So I nod my head in agreement.

After taking our sweet time in my bed, we made our way down to find out that Kay left with a note in the kitchen informing us that she had a meeting scheduled for today and would be home for lunch. Working on Saturdays and holidays became a norm for Kay these days. Apparently, their company is in process of bagging a big client and thus wthe work doubled. Kay, being the workaholic she is, keeps taking the brunt of it without complain.

We asked Kay to pick up Lydia on her way since it would be easier to tell them at same time. Aaron decided it's best if they hear it from us rather than find out themselves. And he was sure they would find out in no time since there was no way he could keep his hands off me now that he didn't have to. His words not mine. I was definitely not going to object since I wasn't sure if I could keep my hand off him either.

A few minutes back she called to let us know that she picked up Lydia and they would be home any minute now. Aaron got busy giving final touches to the Paella he made, which happens to be one of Kay's favourite dish. Kay wasnit'sa bad cook herself. However, Aaron and Lydia introduced us to whole new world of food which contains all sorts of delicacies. Aaron, like his mom is an excellant cook and never forgets to use his skills when he wants his way around things. Its his fail proof plan. Atleast when it comes to me Kay and the boys. And today, he plans on winning Kay. He didn't have to. Kay has been team Aaron since forever. But I guess its normal to be nervous. I was nervous about Lydia's reaction too. I mean, I know she loves me enough to trust me with Aaron's life. However, I wasn't sure it would be enough for her to trust me with his heart.

Laughter echoed as both women entered the house. They were giggling like school girls when Kay whispered something with a wink in Lydia's direction making me roll my eyes. These women become a little crazy when they are together. I have never seen Kay as relaxed as when she is around Lydia.

"Oh my god. Is it what I think it is?" Kay almost ran into the kitchen.

"My. My. Lyds. Ronny boy made Paella for us. Spill sweetie. What's it you want this time?" She asked with a brow raised.

"Ouch... You hurt me Kayla. Can't a guy feed his ladies without ulterior motives?" Aaron faked hurt with a cute pout making me roll my eyes when all I wanted to do was kiss away his pout.

"And I was born yesterday," Lydia deadpanned making me lose my control over laughter that's been trying to burst out.

"You were supposed to be on my side," Aaron accused pointing me.

"What? I am. Not my fault you are predictable Aaron." I lied. Aaron was anything but predictable.

"So...?" Kay asked. I could see the wheels turning in her head and I am almsot sure I saw her lips turn up one corner into a smirk.

"Spill it kids." It's Lydia this time. She had a similar gleam in her eyes making me groan.

"First we all have lunch. Then you are gonn owe me for making you the best Paella in the world and that's when I am going to collect my debt." Aaron said in a no bullshit voice with a wink thrown my way, while arranging food on table.

"God Aaron. You are gonna make a great negotiator. With that no nonsense tone of yours, you ll make your clients eat outta your palms. But I am immune to it young man. However, I ll accept to your terms because I am hungry as hell and that Paella is calling my name." Kay winked, already half way to her room to freshen up while the three of us arranged everything we need on the table.