Chapter 6

"Aaron, can I ask you something?" I asked with an uncertain voice.

"Anything Thea," he said.

"Umm... what happened to your father?" I asked before I chickened out again. I felt his muscles tense beside me at my question.

Seconds pass but he didn't answer. Finally, gathering all my courage, I looked up to find him staring back at me.

"Umm... you don't have to answer if you don't want to," I said. I am someone who understood the pain of sharing something we don't want to. Maybe he will open up when he is comfortable.

"No Thea. I was wondering why it took this long for my curious little kitten to ask," he said in an amused voice. What?

"Umm... you said he was out of the picture when I asked, and you seemed annoyed at his mention. I didn't want to make you angry," I answered.

"I can never be angry on you muneca," he said softly.

"And that's right. He is out of the picture. That bastard was never in the picture," he continued making my eyes go wide at the venom in his voice.

"He left your mom?" I asked making him release a sarcastic laugh.

"No Thea. He dint leave my mom. He raped her," he answered.

"Yes, little girl. I am not the result of my parents' love. I am evidence of the nightmare that ruined my mother's life Thea. Bit by bit, I took away her dreams, her family and her life.

She was this perfect child everyone wished for Thea. A 16-year-old girl with big dreams. That's when he entered her life. Within seconds, he turned all her dreams into nightmares. He raped her on her prom night and got away with it because that bastard had connections. My grandparents tried their best to bring justice to my mom, but they failed. So instead, they simply accepted it as a nightmare that will eventually be forgotten.

Then, I happened Thea. Shattering all the pieces they collected. They couldn't accept me in their lives Thea. They wanted my mom to abort me but she didn't. So my grandparents disowned her, hoping she would choose them. But instead, she chose me Thea. The monster who ruined it all. She left her parents for me.

My grandparents hate me even today for ruining their lives. I wouldn't blame them either. I am the living proof of the nightmare they wanted to forget. A part of the monster who brutally murdered the innocence of their little girl. Hell, even I can't forgive myself. How would they?" he kept talking. Tears were continuously flowing down my cheeks. I held him tightly hoping he would stop. However, he was lost in his own world.

"Stop it Aaron. Just stop this bull shit. What the hell is wrong with you? Why can't you see a simple fact that you are as much victim as your mom is?" I said looking into his eyes hoping to break through his insanity.

"You didn't ruin your mom's life Aaron. You gave her a new life. Do you think it would be easy to just forget that she was raped and move forward? Hell no. She would have been holed up in that sorrow for god knows how long. You gave her a new purpose to live Aaron. You are responsible for her being normal. Why can't you see it?" I said with my voice breaking in the middle and tears flowing continuously.

"Shit Muneca. Please don't cry. I got carried away. I wasn't trying to frighten you," he said wiping away my tears and holding my face in his hands.

What was I doing? Why won't these tears stop? I should be the one comforting him but here we are, him comforting me even in a situation like this. Why am I so weak?

"I am not frightened Aaron. Disturbed for your mom... yes. But not frightened. Just get into that thick skull of yours that blaming yourself is stupid," I said with my voice clear this time.