Chapter 9: A Crow With A Letter?!?

Tanjiro's POV:

"Ughh" I groaned as I woke up. We don't live in the mountains anymore but I still have the habit of waking up extremely early. That's fine though, just means I can make breakfast for everyone :D

I look to my right to see Nezuko still asleep on the futon next to mine with Rokuta in her arms. It's not a new thing, Rokuta has always been one to cuddle but lately Nezuko has been sleeping with a death grip on him. I can't blame her though. She's scared of losing the family we have left and that's natural after what happened. We thank Muzan and he's nice but not to be trusted really, something about him just seems off. But I can't think about that right now. It's Tuesday so that means he won't be back for another 3 or 4 days.

I pet Nezukos head before standing up and quietly folding my futon, and I quietly leave the room. I make my way to the kitchen while thinking of what I could make to eat.

'Hmm well we got some good fish yesterday so maybe I could make a simple grilled fish with rice balls, yeah that sounds good.' I think to myself as I get the ingredients out. I place them on the table before realizing I'm missing a very important ingredient.

"Hm where's the rice? I could've sworn I told Takeo to grad some yesterday? Oh right the store said that they had run out. That's fine I can go real quick" I say to myself as I put the fish away and grab my shoes.

I go to my bag that has my things to get some money Muzan had provided for us.

"Hmm, scarf, hatchet, ribbon, oh there it is!" I smile to myself while grabbing the money before heading out.

'The streets are pretty barren,' I thought while walking. But it's early so I don't really think much of it. I quickly made my way to the small shop and paid for a nice amount of rice before starting my small walk back.

"Cawww Caww, Kamado! Tanjiro Kamado. Letter for Tanjiro Kamado!" I look up at the sudden noise, it's not that loud but sure as heck wasn't quiet. I see a black crow fly towards me and i let out a small screech while backing up a bit. The crow doesn't seem fazed by my sudden movement and just lands gracefully on the bag of rice I was holding.

"Cawww, letter, letter for you Tanjiro Kamado."  I stare at it with big eyes before seeing a rolled up piece of paper tied to its foot. What the heck is going on?!?

"Umm what?!? Crows can talk?? How do you know my name?" I question. It's just cocks it's head before speaking again.

"Letter for you, Cawwww it explains please take it Cawww." It says again. I look at it suspiciously before carefully removing the paper attached to its leg. Once I have the note in hand the crow just caws before flying up and landing on my head.

'Really? Is this really happening right now? What the heck is happening?!?' I think to myself.

"Cawww open it!" It screeches, does he not realize that I'm holding onto a bag of rice, which is not light, and balancing him on my head?!?

"Umm, well I can't right now because I'm holding a rice bag but I'll open it when I get to the house okay?" I tell him and he just nods while making himself comfy in my long hair.

'I really should cut my hair soon' I think to myself as I continue the journey back to what we call home.

*A few moments later*

I make it back to the house with this bird still on my head, apparently it's our guest now •_•

I put the rice bag down and grab the note I had pocketed.

'Dear Tanjiro Kamado ,

You don't know me because we have yet to meet but my name is Kanae and I'm writing with my friend Makomo and we are with the Demon Slayer Corps, we don't mean to worry you or to scare you but at the moment you are not safe. The man who 'saved' you, Muzan, is not who you think he is. He's not human, he's a demon. King of all demons to be correct. Makomo and her companions found your letter in your home while investigating then they went to talk to Mr.Saburo, and he told us about you, we know about your situation and about your family. We want to help you but to do that we need to know Muzans schedule. He's too strong for us to fight him at the moment so we need to know when he is not with you all so we can come for you. Also don't let him know about this letter. We don't know his plan but we do know that he has one, and we don't think it's a good one. Please use the crow who gave you this letter to you so you can send one of your own. We will be waiting.

                                -Sincerely Kanae Kocho and Makomo Urokodaki of the Demon Slayer Corps.'

"Omg... omg, omg, omg, omg! This can't be real! He can't be the King of all demons! B-but his weird sent, a-and the fact he didn't take t-the wisteria flowers, a-and the sent of malicious intent he sometimes has, I-I've never seen him eat. O-only seen him go out at night. Omg it's true. He is a demon. What do I do?!? Okay calm down. This Kanae person said to write a letter back, okay, I'll do that. I need to stay calm. I can't put everyone on edge." I say to myself trying to calm down. The crow just nestles itself into my hair as if trying to calm me, and surprisingly, it helps. This is a very nice bird.

"Okay so everyone will be awake soon, so I'll make breakfast first then I'll write the letter, yeah! Sounds like a plan" I say to myself while sorting out all my thoughts.

I was in the middle of cooking the fish when Nezuko walked out of our room. Should I tell her about the letter? I probably should.

"Morning Nii-Chan," Nezuko says as she rubs her eyes. "Are you okay? You seem a little stand off-ish. Why is there a bird on your head?!?"

"Huh, oh I'm fine just... a bit shaken up a bit. This bird dropped off a letter. Read it but don't panic, okay? We'll figure everything out." I say as I hand her the letter. She reads it and her eyes go wide. She looks at me, then at the crow, and then back at the letter.

"Okay Nezuko calm down. We'll take it step by step. I'm making breakfast for everyone right now and then after we can write the letter together, yeah?" I say pulling Nezuko into a hug, stroking her hair to calm her down and she nods.

"Okay Nii-Chan, let me help you." She says. I smile at her and we work on breakfast together

After we all eat and clean up with the crow still on my head, which confused everyone, I give the crow some leftover rice that I rolled into little balls then me and Nezuko head to our room to start writing.

"Any ideas on how to start it?" I ask Nezuko.

"How about we start with his schedule? That's what they asked for right?" I nod at her and from there we start writing.

*1 hour later*

"Okay there!" I yell with a smile on my face. Nezuko giggles at me before speaking.

"Read it just in case" I nod, starting to read it.

"'Dear Kanae and Makomo,

I'm writing with my sister Nezuko and although the news you told us was shocking and surprising I guess we somewhat expected it, or something similar. He gave off little red flags and some of the things he did just didn't make sense, but it was still terrifying to find out that not only is he a demon but the ruler of them all. You seem to already know where we are staying but just in case I'll give you the address. It is a small house on XXX street, house number XXX. Muzan himself isn't always here. He only comes on the weekends. He gets here either Saturday morning before the sun rises or Saturday night after the sun has set, and he always leaves Sunday night. Other than that we are alone on the week days. We'll start packing so by the time you all arrive we can just leave. Please have a safe trip and take care :)

                                        -Sincerely Tanjiro and Nezuko Kamondo'

Sounds good?" I ask after finishing the letter. She gives me a small nod and I roll the paper and tie it to the crows leg with the same ribbon it came with. I give it some more rice balls and it flies off with a caw.

"Okay, let's go pack." I saw with a determined smile and Nezuko gives the same smile back.

____________________________  NEW CHAPTER OUT :D Hope it's not getting boring😓 ik it's a slow burn but it'll get there I promise. Have a goodnight🥰 p.s. not many of you have commented but the one that have are so nice, like thank you🥺( ˘ ³˘)♥︎