Chapter 11: The Walk Back...

3rd Person POV

Tanjiro had just woken up, and like all the other days it was early in the morning. He did his usual routine of patting his siblings heads before getting dressed. By the time he made it to the kitchen there was a quiet yet firm knock on the door.

"Hello? How can I help you?" Tanjiro asked looking up at the 5 people who were quite a bit taller than him, out of all of them he seemed to recognize the tallest male.

"Hello Tanjiro, I'm Kanae. I'm the one who wrote the letter to you, these are my fellow demon slayers, Mitsuri, Muichiro and Yuichiro Tokito , and you may remember Rengoku." Kanae said, pointing at everyone.

"Oh you were one of the 2 who watched over Hanako. Thank you! Please come in!" Tanjiro said with a big smile which made everyone blush.

"I was about to make breakfast. Everyone is still asleep so you will have to be quiet but take a seat." Tanjiro said pointing to the couch then walking over to the kitchen. Kanae tried to help him, key word: tried, but Tanjiro wouldn't let her, saying she was a guest. While in the middle of making food Nezuko came out ready for the day.

She walked in and looked at the amount of strangers in the living room before making her way to Tanjiro.

"Who are they?!?" Nezuko whispered, panicking a bit but trying to not bring attention to herself. Tanjiro just patted her head and giggled.

"They're demon slayers from the Demon Slayer Corps, remember?" Nezuko made an 'oh' face before looking over, noticing that the slayers were now all looking at her. She gave a shy smile and a small wave before introducing herself and helping Tanjiro make food. 

Tanjiro made food for everyone and when his siblings woke up he told them that they were going to be moving again, and when they asked why he said for safety and nothing more but Takeo wouldn't accept that answer. So he pulled Tanjiro aside.

"Nii-Chan, tell me the truth. Why are we really leaving? Who are those people? It's about Muzan huh? He's weird, it has to be about him. Please tell me I'm the second oldest son, I can take it!" Takeo questioned. Tanjiro just sighed. He knew there was no point in lying.

"Yes it is about Muzan, he's... he's a demon. But you can't tell the other 3, they'll get scared." Tanjiro said, Takeo's eyes widened but nodded his head, he knew something was up. He has for a while. He might be young but he's smart.

"Okay, I'll go help Shigeru get his stuff then" Takeo replied. Tanjiro gave him a wide smile and patted his head. Takeo blushed but rushed off before Tanjiro could see.

After that conversation everyone got ready, they grabbed their packed bags and headed for the train station. Tanjiro also put his axe on his waist.

'Just for some extra safety.' He thought to himself as he grabbed little Rokuta's hand as he got on the train.

On the train Mitsuri was gushing over how cute all the kids were as she squished Shigeru cheeks and Kanae and Nezuko were laughing at her childish behavior and Shigeru's blush. Takeo and Hanako were having a nice conversation with Rengoku after finding out that he was the one who stayed with Hanako. Tanjiro was seated across the Tokito twins with a sleeping Rokuta in his lap, they were having a small conversation about demon slaying and what a breathing technique was.

"That's so cool! So you're both the top of the top for Mist breathing?" Tanjiro said with stars in his eyes. The twins giggled at his childish behavior, even Yuichiro who was very stoic and closed off to everyone who wasn't his twin.

"Yeah I guess it could be said that way, but at the corps we're called pillars." Muichiro answered. They continued talking and laughing until they all fell asleep. By the time the train got to its location the sun had already set. They all got off the train and formed a little circle in front of Kanae.