Chapter 2: A Midnight Attack

Tanjiros POV:

'Finally, I've finished selling all my coal. I can't wait to get home and give everyone their gifts and treats. Oh yeah that guy, Muzan? Yeah, Muzan, should still be at home so I better hurry.'

I was walking up the mountain when someone called for me, I turn around and it's old man Saburo.

"Tanjiro! Are you going back up the mountain? You better not, it's dangerous!" He said yelling from his window.

"It's okay sir, I have a great sense of smell, so I should be fine." I say waving him off.

"No, come in. I'll put you up for the night and you can head back in the morning, now hurry in before the demons come" he shouts still trying to convince me but I know I have to go home.

"I appreciate the off Mr. Saburo, really, but I have a guest back at the house and I need to be getting back, maybe another day I'll come back with everyone to visit!" I saw flashing him a smile. He sighs before speaking again.

"Fine, fine. But here. At the very least keep this with you, and give some to your siblings. It'll keep you safe from demons." He says handing me a bunch of purple flowers.

"What is it?" I ask

"Their called wisteria flowers" he says.

In all honesty I don't really believe in demons but Mr.Saburo has seems so lonely, maybe I should entertain the idea of demons just so his mind can be at ease.

"Okay I'll keep it with me, but... demons won't come into your home... would they" I question.

"Of course they would, their man eating demons, they have no remorse for anyone, and they only walk the land at night, that's why you have to be careful." He warns

"But wouldn't they eat everyone of if that were true?" I say with wide eyes.

"They would, but that's why demon slayers exist, they protect us by slaying them, since way back when" he explains.

"Wow, they sound really cool, thank you for telling me about demons but I really should be getting back home, thank you for the flowers sir, I'll be sure to give them to everyone. Have a goodnight!" I say waving at him. The tales about demons and slayers sounds really interesting, but now that I think about it, my grandma used to tell me the exact same thing when she was still alive.

*Time skip to when Tanjiro is back at his house*

'Finally, I'm home. I can't wait to give everyone their goodies.'

I walk through the door and I'm immediately tackled by 3 people.

"Haha hi Hanako, Shigeru, and Rokuta. Shouldn't you be asleep? It's late." I question giggling at their reply's.

"Yeah but mom said we could stay up and wait for you. Did you bring anything back?" Shigeru asks

"Yes I do but I'll give you those tomorrow, for now Mr.Saburo wants you guys to hold on to these and not let go, okay?" I say as I hand each of them some of the wisteria flowers, they nod and then pocket the flowers.

Nezuko and Takeo walk in next and I give them some of the flowers while telling them the same thing.

"Thank you nii-chan I'll be sure to keep it with me" Nezuko says. I smile and pat her head then go to find my mom and Mr.Muzan.

I open the door to the kitchen to find them talking and laughing about who knows what.

"Hi mom I'm back. Goodnight Mr.Muzan! I say. Oh yeah. I ran into Mr.Saburo and he sent us wisteria flowers. Here mom, here Mr.Muzan." I say pulling out the last of ye flowers.