The Christmas Party

"Snow, I really don't want to go.", I said.

"Belle you're going. We promised Celia that we would meet her there. It's wrong to go back on a promise.", Snow replied.

"Fine but I'm so not wearing a dress. I don't even understand why I have to go. Ashley invited you and Celia, not me. I'm just not popular enough to go to a popular girls' Christmas party." I told Snow.

"It doesn't matter why. Who knows you may even like it or you may meet someone or you may sit in a corner and be all by yourself? Now please go put something on so you will look presentable okay?", Snow asked me.

I got up and went to her closet. I found a black ruffled skirt and a red shirt that had Christmas ornaments on it. I picked out a pair of black dress boots. I went into her bathroom and changed. When I got done Snow decided she wanted to do my hair so I sat down at her dresser that had the mirror above it and she braided the front part, one braid on either side. Then she pulled those two braids to the back and incorporated them into the long braid in back. I figured if she was going do my hair then I would let her braid it but I didn't want to curl it or anything so that was the easiest thing to do. I looked in the mirror once she was done and I hardly believed that I actually didn't look like the nerd that I am.

Snow wore a red dress that had a v-cut neck line. It was ruffled at the bottom and she had a necklace with a Christmas tree charm. She wore red heels and she had curled her hair. We grabbed our purses and in mine I had my book so that I could be invisible at the party, and Snow had all kinds of make-up in hers and her cell. We both walked down the stairs to the living room and when we got down there her mom, Mrs. Whiten, was waiting with her camera and the keys. She took our picture for her scrapbook and we all went out the front door to her little green slug bug. In our town, we didn't have a whole lot of slug bugs so people knew who owned the green one. It sucked at least in my opinion. We drove up to Ashley's and Celia was waiting for us outside. We got out and told Mrs. Whiten that we would walk home.

"Belle, Snow! I can't believe that we are actually here, together. I never thought we could all be here at Ashley's party. It's awesome." Celia said to us.

"Belle was a little reluctant but I told her that we were going have fun and we would do it as besties. After all, friends don't leave friends hanging.", Snow replied.

We walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. Ashley opened the door and greeted Celia and Snow but when I went to greet her, she turned back towards the party and when she did that she stated "Great, the nerd is here. My party just went from the greatest to the lamest." She introduced Celia and Snow to her mom. While they were mingling, I found a comfortable spot in a secluded corner and sat down. I pulled out my book on mythical creatures who lived in the ocean and began to read.

At about seven o' clock the party started. The DJ turned up the music and everyone went to the dance floor and danced. I, on the other hand, do not like to dance and so I stayed in the corner that I was in and attempted to ignore everyone. I was very glad that there was a love seat in the corner so I didn't actually have to sit on the ground. I watched as Celia and Snow danced with everyone. They danced and danced and danced. After a while they went to get punch and they came over to where I was and sat for a few. Then once they were done drinking their punch they went back out and danced.

"Can you believe it?" Celia said to Snow.

"Believe what?", she asked.

"We are actually at Ashley's house. We are at her party, and we have been dancing for like two hours.", Celia responded.

"Yeah, I know, it's crazy. I'm glad you're having fun but Belle isn't. Maybe we should get her to come dance. Even though she says she hates to we all know that she is probably the best dancer here tonight.", Snow nicely said.